The Registry of Obscene Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Registry of Obscene Names

Alright, let's get a compendium going of all those names that just sound wrong. Reply with a single name.. accolades if it's one of your own invention. I'll start with a classic..

Mike Hunt

Ivan Joyderpuss

(not my own)
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Mike Oxbig
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Randy Ho

(afaik, it's my own invention. )

Comment

Philip McCavity

Comment

Harry Sphincter

Comment

Liqin Dong

This is a real name of an employee at my work and she pronounces that way too.
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Harry Pitts

btw, how does she deal with constantly being Liqin Dong?

Comment

How about..
                  Hugh Jass

Comment

Good one.. and his Grandpa in the old country was called..

Hugh Jasso

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                      Harry Pitts

btw, how does she deal with constantly being Liqin Dong?
                      My theory....she has no idea what liqin dong means. I don't think anyone has told her. I mean, the first time I heard it, I about choked on my water.

I was sitting in class, she got up to speak and said, "Good morning, my name is liqin dong and I'll be teaching about...."

Dave

Oh, and one other good story about her name. I was in a meeting. My co-worker sitting next to me. I grabbed his laptop and typed her name in the company directory. I slid the laptop back over to him. He stared at the screen for a few seconds. Suddenly he just lost it. I didn't expect that reaction out of him so I lost it. We both proceeded to jiggle without making a sound. I had tears literally squirting out of my eyes. If someone had told me that I would have made it through that meeting without laughing, I would have called them a liar. After what seemed like several minutes, I left the room to go compose myself. Upon my return, I couldn't look at my co-worker thw whole meeting. I was having a hard enough time just being in the same room. Man, that plan backfired!
                      Last edited by Helevitia; 2 March 2004, 21:42.
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I'm still waiting for Depends to become Dick Trickle's main sponsor in NASCAR.

Comment

Back when I was in tech support, we had a customer named Phong Kew.

Similarly, my brother had a TA in university named Phoque Woo.

If it was me, once I realized the alternate meaning of my name, I'd just respond to "what's your name?" with "Uh... you can call me Bob"

Comment

Remember Long Duk Dong from the movie Sixteen Candles?

No wonder so many Asians get Anglicized names when they move here.

Oh well, to continue, one of Bart Simpson's favorites:

Mike Rotch

Comment

And another one from Bart Simpson:
                              Ivana Tinkle

edit: Here is a list of those used in The Simpons: http://www.snpp.com/guides/moe_calls.html
                              Last edited by VJ; 3 March 2004, 01:46.
                              pixar
                              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                              X