FIREWIRE !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIREWIRE !

i seem to be having a problem when capturing from a a OHCI standard firewire card in MSP 6, I keep getting crashes when attempting batch captures also during device control...any ideas ? [I have G200 marvel on the same machine]
    Asus P2B @ 100Mhz
    PIII 800 / 133Mhz running @100MHZ = 600MHZ!!! VIA Asus Slotkey
    SimpleTECH 128MB X 3/ 100Mhz
    IBM 9.GB Ultrawide Scsi LVD
    IBM 18gb secondary drive @ 7200
    Maxtor 37GB storage drive @ 5400
    Marvel G200 TV
    Microtek E6 scanner via scsi card {adaptec 1502}
    HP CD12ri CDRW 12X10X32 BurnProof!
    Creative Infra48 CD ROM
    Creative AWE64 Gold [ISA]
    Realtek Chip NIC 10/100
    21' Samsung Syncmaster 1000p
    Firewire card
    Mini USB hub
    8 port Compex 10/100 hub
    Sandisk Reader - USB
    Cordless Logitec Mouse
    Iomega Zip100 [the old ugly one!]
    HP 1220 C - A3 printer

Did you install the DVpatchII from Ulead?

I find Ulead's Video Capture tool to be flakey so I usually use the capture utility from Vegas Video that you can download from the Sonic Foundry website. Its a seperate download from the Vegas Video Demo. The only time I use the Ulead capture tool is for batch capture -- so it does work pretty well for me. There are issues with some models of camcorders and device control. ADS has a list of ones known to work with the Pyro on their web site.

I'm using windows 2000, Pyro, and G200 Marvel and have no trouble other than the fact that the G200 Marvel has no useful video tools on w2k :-(

You need win98se or w2k for good results with OHCI firewire. WinMe I've never tried, but a fair number of people seem to have problems with it. Plain win98 and OHCI firewire just won't work for most folks despite lots of patches and updates (or maybe because of them -- who can tell?).

If your "OHCI standard firewire card" is the NEC chipset instead of the TI, it will not work right with the drivers built into Win98se or windows2000. I also have a combo firewire/ethernet card from Orange Micro that uses the NEC firewire chip thus I speak from experience that windows detects and installs drivers for it identifed as for "NEC OHCI firewire" but these do not work right. The updated drivers from Orange Micro fixed the problems.

So you are at the mercy of the boards's manufacturer if its a NEC firewire chipset for working drivers. Check their website for updated drivers.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
    X