dv capture rate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dv capture rate...

To capture DV-video (I intend to use a Canopus ADVC100), is this disk fast enough:
    Visit us, explore, and be inspired by premium external hard drives, SSDs, and RAID solutions that give you field-proven reliability and bold performance. Trek the globe with Rugged® durability, sprint through projects with Thunderbolt™ speed, and easily connect to the latest USB-C computers.

(D2, 160 GB model)

I intend to use it on Firewire 800. They also offer the Big Disk Extreme, which is apparently faster (88 MB/s on FW800), but it lacks USB... (currently, I don't think I'd use it, but without it I can only connect the drive to my primary computer, not to my secondary one)

Any comments on Lacie (speed/quality) ?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

DV rate is about 3.5 mb/sec so the disk is way fast enough.
    the advc100 will convert the analog video to DV(works great BTW) but you need the firewire input on the PC to accept both firewires, system speed (processer,ram etc ) will have to be fast enough for the 2 firewires.I have tried that so I don't know anyother issues.
    smitty

Comment

Thanks!
      I don't think the system (dual Xeon 2.4, 1 GB reg. ECC DDR, 10K scsi harddisks) or the firewire-card (four channel, 64 bit 133 Mhz PCI-X) will be an issue.

Any comments on Lacie as a manufacturer ?

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

sorry I 've only used Maxtor
        smitty

Comment

LaCie's monitors are excellent, and their storage devices are highly regarded in the Mac world.

- Steve

Comment

Thanks!
            I read somethings about less advanced Windows tools (in comparison to their mac-counterparts), but what kind of tools does an external harddisk need ?

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Working...
            X