Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "engine like" noise software removal

Hi everybody!
    Since an unfortunate event in which my Elura took a little tumble in the snow , when i use the internal microphone an annoying noise, tape engine like, can be heard very clear, at least when the sound level is fairly low. It has a pattern, and i thought that maybe i could remove it as a "noise", with noise reduction.
    However, with not much success, i tried soundforge 6.0 and adobe audtion. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by kropotkin; 2 March 2004, 03:00.
    1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
    WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

In sound forge did you use the noise reduction plugin? and find a section that has no audio hilite the area and capture noise print then set levels, apply it, then remove it, then select the whole audio file then apply that in noise reduction(without capturing noise print again)?Sorry if I'm questioning you here, just I found sound forge usually does a heck of a job.
    smitty

Comment

Well, i tried that, in fact is the same procedure with audition, but the problem, as i see it, is that this noise is a bit louder, and sounds more like "real" sound. So in fact i had problems removing the noise even in the silenced area of the soundtrack.
      I had to test it more ... anyway.
      1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
      WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

Working...
      X