Website blocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website blocking

Well I where I work at they are blocking certian websites. The biggiest problem I have is that I can't access or look at certain DG's because the of the web blocking software they are running detects it as Chat for what ever ungodly reason. I can come to MURC no problem, but say if I goto Anandtech or hardforms, its block because it filters it as chat. I also have the same problem with Network54, who is a DG provider. I was using Guardster.com or megaproxy.com, but they started to block those sites too the other day.

I understand why they block some sites that are either sexually related or have MP3 or what not, but not getting to some computer related DG's makes my life diffcuilt when I need to find out some info if I have a problem. I tired contacting the guys who run the network, but the ****oles still haven't set me up with an email address and I put in a request back in August for that!

Is there any other solutions to my problem or work around I could try?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

run a proxy server on your home system
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Or just use the google language tools, and change both languages to English in the URL of the translated website. Gets around our blocklist very nicely (but sometimes will lose images on certain sites)

Our firewall blocks one of the Tomshardware servers, but only one of them. I will never understand how they manage to build these lists....

Uberlad
      -------------------------
      8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
      5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Originally posted by uberlad
        Or just use the google language tools, and change both languages to English in the URL of the translated website. Gets around our blocklist very nicely (but sometimes will lose images on certain sites)
        Doh the ****ers have that blocked too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
          run a proxy server on your home system
          Got any links for me to check out on how to do that ?

Sounds interesting and I get to learn something too

Comment

Depends, if you have a nix firewall/box at home you would use squid, on windows, erm I have no idea.
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Proxy+. Free for up to 3 users (not concurrently though).

Comment

Working...
              X