my 46' tv kicked the bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 46' tv kicked the bucket

one minut i was watching tv then poof it went out.... cant figur out why... and it wont turn back on..... its a sony... had it since 1994
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

yep, don't make tv's like they used to.

Maybe an excuse to get that 50' plasma.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

yeah right.... if only my wife wouldnt hack my head off if i do..... not that i have the money for it any way
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Get something small and used for now. You'll have to sell it when you move to Canada anyhow.

Comment

I will never ever buy Sony again. IMO, they just do not build to last.
          I am sorry for your loss SD, but I do think KVH gave sound advice.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

10 years is really about the average lifespan of a rear projection tv, before needing major repairs.

Comment

What is a rear projection tv, is that the normal thing?
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

nope, I think you're talking about CRT.

But 46" TV usually is rear projection. CRT goes up to about 36" inch and already is massive in size and weight at that size tube.

Comment

If it's a rear projection, you could've burnt out the projector bulb. Or is that only with the new LCD and DLP based units? Not sure how the old ones worked...
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

The old rear projections used a small CRT combined with a lens to project the image onto the screen...
                    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

You may need a new power supply. It seems like those go fairly often (at least in front projectors).

Check EBay.

- Steve

Comment

I'm dreading the day when my 57" Sony kicks the bucket.

I'm happy with it despite the burn-in. It's only like 3 years old.

I was one of the first couple hundred people in Toronto to get HDTV from my local cable company. It's just that TVs seem to be drastically improving each year right now and I don't want to have to buy a new expensive TV again until the price/innovation spurt levels off.
                        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

My Grundig TV is as old as I am and still running without any faults

Comment

Whoa, a 5 year old TV still running! AMAZING!

(You know I'm just kidding, I know you're twelve )

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

lol.....

wasnt planing on taking it with me ...

the problem started with the blue chanel intermitently shifting out of alignment... then after 1hr the tv just sitched off and would not turn back on again.... will call the local sony authorised dealer and see wht they can do with it ... if you guys rember the PSU got fried a litle less than a year ago ... i think they gave me a warenty for it.. litle too busy atm to check on it but will do by monday... hope it dosent cost me too mutch.. very short on cash latly

Comment

Working...
                              X