Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules to leave the graphics and monitor markets

press release
    The Group has therefore elected to progressively withdraw from the graphics board and monitor markets, which have been producing very weak gross margins, in order to mobilize all of its resources towards the development of markets with strong potential.

They made good quality videocards, sad to see them go.

Comment

Hope they will make a new verison of the GameTheater Xp sound cards.
      I would like one with an usb 2.0 hub.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

They have been only a brand for some french firm whose name escapes me right now for quite a while anyway. The "real" Hercules has been dead for a long time.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yes, it's Guillemot, the press release is on Guillemot's Corporate site.
          The last cards made by the old Hercules were based on TNT 2 chips, not sure if they actually made it to the market but they did end up in reviewers' hands. Something around 1998 or 1999.
          Last edited by Admiral; 26 February 2004, 01:46.

Comment

haiz Their AIW9800SE was the ones that had the highest chance to be modded into AIW9800 .. and their visual quality was not bad either.
            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
            X