Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubles recording on the ATI all in one wonder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubles recording on the ATI all in one wonder.

I have to transfer a VHS to something digital (pref. mpeg2).

Its not my machine.

I get no sound.

When I use the "Display TV" I get perfect sound.
    When I record, theres no sound.

What gets?
    I have tried everything, choosing every standard, setting custom sounds etc. No sound.

Played the captured video in windowsmediaplayer, no sound.

But the TV-in (done via svhs + left/right sound cables) works. I just cant record it.

Is there some magic button that have to be pushed?

The drivers are the ones packagde with catalyst 03.2, 2dversion 6.14.01.6307.

Please help.

~~DukeP~~

PS: Its not that easy to check either - the atimediacenter appears to only allow one try. Second time around, the record function doesnt tricker. The menu appears, but the time isnt ticking (and the filesize is always something like 38kb). Only way around this, is a reboot.

First you should install new Catalyst and MMC, because that should fix the only 1 recording try problem.

As for the sound issue, you should check the mixer settings from your soundcard

Comment

Ill try and make the owner (or user) of the machine install the newest drivers. That shouldnt be that hard.

I have checked the mixer settings (although that was somewhat counterintuitive - the sound play nicely, when I was viewing the source directly on the computer).

Thanks Topha.

Any other ideas?
      Or is it the drivers, "no doubt about it"?

~~DukeP~~

Comment

The sound-problem has been reported quite often and in nearly all cases I saw it was a wrong setting in the windows mixer..

You can make different settings for sound playback and recording. Most users only select the line in in the (default) playback panel.
        Unless you check the Line-In checkbox for recording too, you will then hear the sound when watching TV but still nothing will be recording during capturing..
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Ok Indiana.
          That actually sounds like the culprit.

Im (off course! ) certain that I checked it, but Ill check again.

Then Ill upgrade the drivers.

Ill get back to you all later.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Working...
          X