DDR-2 to cost $915 for 512Meg!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR-2 to cost $915 for 512Meg!!!

article here says buffaloe DDR2 on sale in japan yesterday will cost a whopping $915 for 512Meg!!nuff said.

News and reviews of PC components, smartphones, tablets, pre-built desktops, notebooks, Macs and enterprise/cloud computing technologies.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

ROFLMAO.

But people will buy it, that's the sad sad sad part.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

it'll be half that in a month or two.

Comment

Sounds like rambus to me.

Comment

I doubt these are market prices. This is probably just for people that are designing DDR-II systems to have equipment to develop with.

It's new tech. I bet the yield sucks right now, and that's a big part of the reason for the price.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yes...it'll probably go mainstream at twice the price of DDR anyway....

Comment

i'd rather buy a new computer..

Comment

I will be in Akihabara on Saturday (building a new sys for a friend)

I will check prices and availability then.

For those of you that don't know, if it's available retail and it's electronic - it's in Akihabara
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                  I will be in Akihabara on Saturday (building a new sys for a friend)

I will check prices and availability then.

For those of you that don't know, if it's available retail and it's electronic - it's in Akihabara
                  and cheap, too. (if all those old Byte magazines were true )

- Steve

Comment

so this means that no average consumer will actually be able to buy it coz no one in their sane state of mind would put that amonut on a memory that is prolly just like 5-10% faster than standard ddr that u can get for around 80$ or less!
                    WaterCooled!
                    AMD Athlon XP 2400+@2325 with Water!

Lian Li PC71 Mods UnderWay!
                    Radeon 9800 Pro 450Core / 375 Mem With Original Cooling just memsinks added
                    512mb HyperX Dual Channel 400MHz Ram
                    Modding is my life allways was my life and i intend it to be my life

Comment

This are first samples with poor yields.

The only people that need it right now are working at companies that are designing motherboards to utilize it, so have that in mind when considering prices.

By the time motherboards come out and demand rises, it will proabably cost as much as high end DDR costs now.

Comment

wow....
                        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                        X