Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

receiving no alert for new email! msn msnger.. help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• receiving no alert for new email! msn msnger.. help!

hey

i m getting a problem with my msn messenger6.1. I did use exact same installer before and had no problem at all. but to be more sure that my installer didnot get corrupt, i downloaded a new installer from msn site.

so, this is what is my prolem: even if under tools-options-general

i chcked the box against - "display alert when email is received "

i m not receiving any alert when someone sends me a mail.

i did re-install messenger with new installer but no success to avail. and finally i re-install my windows..and surprisingly still i m receing the same problem.

what to do? any clue?

[do you know any site/forum where i m more likely to get an answer of it if nobody cant help me here?]
    CrazyTopu

Did you check the msn messenger support pages? I'd start there and then check hotmail support. And last, is there some kind of virus program blocking it, or maybe a firewall causing the problem?

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

well i looked at msn msnger help pages..did u mean this pages as support pages?

it's a good forum only for msn msnger related problems..and if you take a look here you will see so many ppl are having the exact same problem as i m having with my msnger...none of us yet got any clue how to solve it...one of the guys contacted Microsoft and got a reply with assurance of help but Microsoft did not come back to him yet.

and i dont think there is anything to do with firewall as i installed msnger even before i installed firewall after i did OS re-installation.

.thanks ..wish me luck
      CrazyTopu

Comment

Working...
      X