The Passion of the Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Passion of the Christ

I've got to give anyone who's gonna go see it (or take kids with them) a warning:

IT IS EXTREMELY VIOLENT AND GORY!

Think the movie Seven, but with far more graphic detail that lingers on and on at each point. Plus CGI demons.

It did have good acting, cinimatography, locations, yadda yadda. It seems to have a strong Catholic view too, for good or bad (depends on if you're Catholic I guess. )

Where was it filmed?

Hey, how did you get to see it? It isn't supposed to be out until Ash Wednesday (whenever that is).
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I saw part of the "making of" documentary about it tonight. I really want to see this film.

Comment

My brother works in a theater and got to watch the sneak.

Comment

it will take forever for it to get to lebanon..... but i've got lots to do till then any way so time will pass o supose
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
            it will take forever for it to get to lebanon..... but i've got lots to do till then any way so time will pass o supose
            I wonder how much will get past the government censors? I think you'll have to wait until you get to the Great White North before you see the full unabridged version.

Come to think of it. If I remember correctly, you can see uncensored movies via satellite, can't you? I remember reading an op-ed where someone criticised the Lebanese government for editing out a trivial scene when everybody would see the movie over satellite anyway.
            Last edited by schmosef; 23 February 2004, 01:23.

Comment

yeh satelite and DVDs work unsensord... (allthough some networks have taken it upon themselves to censor out some sexual seceens... and silence out profanity..... yesterday on the filmchanel (satelite) i was watching excalibour and they edit out at least 6min of vital info in just one scene..... as of the cinemas... well it just depends on how the guy at the sensours is feeling on that particular day.... sometimes the wierdest of things come through and sometimes the stupidest things get cut out... as for violence and goar that is usualy left in.. the censours are more concerned with the superfical stuff like nudety and politicaly promoting the "zionist cause" .. LOL .... and still alot of it comes through beacuse of thier incompetence....... some of the REALY TOOOOOOO gory stuf usualy never gets to be screened.. but to be honest there realy is no criteria for what they edit out or keep in.... .... the funiest story is the folowing....

i am sure you all remeber tarantinos Pulp Fiction.... well the sensours had the secenes rearanged beacuse they did not make any sense to them the way the origonaly where..... ... dont ask me for details... its to descusting to talk about....
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

LOL about Pulp Fiction!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
                  i am sure you all remeber tarantinos Pulp Fiction.... well the sensours had the secenes rearanged beacuse they did not make any sense to them the way the origonaly where.....
                  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I know some people who probably could have benefited from the Lebanese version!

Comment

So what did the Lebanese censors do with Memento then SD?
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

havent bothered to see it ... my schedual is all craped up i almost missed ROTK.... i did miss Big fish, Kill Bill, Matrix III and a few other probably good movies.... arg... i hate this... i miss eaither beacuse i dont have moeny... i hear about it too late... or simply i have to work at during screening times....

Comment

SD, you know, I think you have a split personality.. one of them can actually write a long post and have perfect spelling and everything, and then there is this.. you sure it isn't just alcohol rather than dyslexia?

Comment

SD, I don't know what kind of net connection you have, and I don't want to go against forum rules and promote piracy through filesharing and stuff like this, but I guess you got my drift
                            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

i would have loved the P2P networks... except for the fact that ISPs in lebanon suc so mutch that i would sooner get the dvd 2 years late befor a DL is done.... and thats if it comes through intact ...

@KvH.... ROFL.....

Comment

Working...
                              X