Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot News: Infinium Labs threatens HardOCP

Hot News: Infinium Labs threatens HardOCP
    Infinium is going to court over some of Kyle's statements about Infinium. Apparently, having a healthy dose of skepticism is slanderous, or libelous, or whatever you want to call it, is illegal. Very entertaining read, if a bit scary. It's too bad Kyle will have to undergo the expenses of a legal defense over this.

More than once during the phone-in press conference, Kevin Bachus called Bennett an "amateur." The above statement proves that Bachus knows what he is talking about. Aside from the obvious fact that no mere owner of a small-time Web site -- even one who owns a pricey Hummer, as Kyle does -- should ever question the word of a man who lives in a $1,250,100 house, Bennett received not only the lawyer-letter quoted above, but another, similar one from a firm called Icard, Merrill, Cullis, Timm, Furen & Ginsburg, P.A. that is apparently representing Tim Roberts personally. No professional journalist would ever say anything negative -- even if it were true -- about a company and man represented by not one but two law firms, one of which has six names on its letterhead.
    Being thoroughly cowed by this array of legal might, I will not now mention that a threatening letter from an attorney (or two or six or eight) is not exactly the same as "taking legal action" against someone, which is what the press conference was supposed to be about. Or perhaps I heard that phrase wrong, not only when Infinium's PR rep called to invite me to the press conference, but again when I called him after it was over to confirm those words.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Woah those guys are mad !
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

ok, hardocp is always aggressive, but...

Infinium Labs don't have to go that far

Comment

Infinium Labs has gone off and stepped on it's own crank.

It may be true that addage;

"The media industry is a long, dark, narrow hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good people die like dogs.

There is also a negative side."

Let's have the Newsies take them like a fresh convict in a penal institution.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Go Infinium Go! (it's about time
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Who the hell is Infinium?

I read the article on HOCP.. sounds like they are trying to do a 60 Minutes thing on Infinium. It's pretty interesting. If what they found out and reported about Infinium was true and can be proven, it cannot be defamatory. I'd contact the real 60 Minutes if I was Kyle.. they are always looking for stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
              Go Infinium Go! (it's about time
              Normally I would have to agree, but they did a good job on the Infinium thing. I think Infinium is the one that should get a letter from a DA.

For those in the dark about the Phantom (the name alone screams vaporware), it is being dubbed as the next Playstation/Xbox. It will supposedly sport a 3 GHz processor, 256 MB DDR RAM, 7.1 Dolby surround sound, a high-end nVidia video card and a 100+ GB HDD. It will supposedly play any PC game, plus games designed for the console itself. You will supposedly be able to buy/rent and then download the games online, as well as play them online on Infinium's online system. So far the only thing that has been shown on the Phantom in a 3D rendered pic of the console and a press release. Pretty much everyone in the industry is screaming 'scam' about it.

Jammrock
              Last edited by Jammrock; 23 February 2004, 07:10.
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Note that the quote is actually from an article on NewsForge (by Roblimo of Slashdot, I think) about the incident - not by the HardOCP folks.

- Steve

Comment

infiniumlabs' site seems to be down
                  Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

Must be a cursed name. Because Infineum, a Shell/ExxonMobil catalysts joint venture, was basically a failure
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Yet the Agilent Infin<b>ii</b>um oscilloscopes are doing just fine

Comment

I'm not a fan of Kyle Bennett, far from it, but on this occasion I hope he wins.

How can someone who's been the head of several bankrupt companies be allowed to continue opening new ones
                        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                          I'm not a fan of Kyle Bennett, far from it, but on this occasion I hope he wins.

How can someone who's been the head of several bankrupt companies be allowed to continue opening new ones
                          Or become president of the US???

Comment

To me it doesn't matter if Kyle is correct or not.
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Well.. how about if they all go to court and the building gets hit by huge meteor? Then you get the Infinium slimeball, his sleazy lawyers, and Kyle all at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X