Hackers Could Access Nokia Phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hackers Could Access Nokia Phones

Cell phone manufacturer Nokia has admitted that several of its Bluetooth-enabled phones are vulnerable to attack, which could result in a hacker gaining access to personal data stored on a targeted phone

Meanwhile, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), which, unlike the Wi-Fi Alliance, doesn't test products for compliance with the Bluetooth standard, says the problem boils down to how a particular wireless device manufacturer uses the Bluetooth specification.

The Nokia phones affected by the security vulnerabilities are models 6310, 6310i, 8910 and 8910i, according to Keith Nowak, a Nokia spokesperson. All four are older models of Nokia phones, adds Nowak, and the only one that sold in the United States was the 6310i. A blog, maintained by Adam Laurie, has been put in place to track news about the vulnerabilities; a list of the affected phones on the site includes several Sony Ericsson phones as well as the Nokia models. (Laurie is a principal at the United Kingdom's A.L. Digital Ltd., which first called attention to the security vulnerabilities.)

PCMag is your complete guide to computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review tech products and services, report technology news and trends, and provide shopping advice with price comparisons.

All 3-G phones are liable to various attacks, including viruses. Won't be long before you see 3-G worms.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Well I ain't going round cleaning mobile devices off virus's. No way.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hehehe..
        Just You wait and See, The Pit.
        Wait and see.

Might be a good and wealthy market, doing that..

~~DukeP~~

Comment

TP: your first job is to stop my 3G phones barfing all the time, make the battery life acceptable, improve the 3G coverage and teach customer support to speak english properly.

Not that I'm pissed with 3 or anything.
          FT.

Comment

Working...
          X