Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program crash when tryng to capture from AVI

I have an odd problem.

I have a 2 minute fishing video codeced in AVI (Ati's propietary one...don't know name off hand) and I can view it fine in AVI players....but when I play it in PowerDVD 2.55 and I attempt to make a .BMP capture of an AVI scene....the program crashes. I reload the program and same thing over again. I really would like to get a capture from one of my fishing scenes in the AVI but I am at a loss at how.

Are there any other AVI players which have a capture utility out there (free preferably) that I could try? Or is there a workaround I do not know about? Remember that it is an ATI based all-in-wonder pro codec from a few years ago...and I no longer have that video card....and I am using unofficial ATI codecs to play it back on my G400 max based machine...so that could be contributing to the difficulty in capturing...but alas the .AVI plays just fine.

thanks

------------------
    "Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker. And every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger. "

ABit BE6 II UDMA 66 w/ PentiumIII 500mhz
    Matrox G400 DH 32 meg MAX
    Maxtor 13gig UDMA66 7200 Seagate 9gig UDMA33 7200
    SBlaster Live Mp3+ (with gold connectors and robot voice
    Aureal Vortex SuperQuad2500
    19" PF790 Viewsonic (superb flat screen)
    19" Samsung 950p (amazing quality for the price)
    Panasonic 7585 CD RW 32x8x4
    Pioneer DVD 114 10x40x
    USR V90 ISA everything modem
    3COM ADSL HOME CONNECT WarpMODEM
    One big case fan and standard retail CPU/HS cooling
    MicroSofty Optical IntelliMouse Explorer (sheesh, who would have thought a mouse could make such a difference)
    ACK 580 crdless k/b

What video editor do you have? Some allow you to export a bitmap of a given frame. Also some have preview windows you can capture to the clipboard using ALT-PRTSCN.

Once the image is in the clipboard you can paste it into most viewers & drawing proggies and save the file out. IfranView can do this as can others.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

thanks Dr. M, will try.

Comment

thanks Dr. M, will try.

Comment

Working...
        X