Russia Tests New Wonder Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia Tests New Wonder Weapon

MOSCOW -- Russia has successfully tested a hypersonic anti-Star Wars weapon capable of penetrating any prospective missile shield, a senior general said Thursday.

The prototype weapon proved it could maneuver so quickly as to make "any missile defense useless," Col.-Gen. Yuri Baluyevsky, the first deputy chief of the General Staff of the Russian armed forces, told a news conference
    He said that the prototype of a new hypersonic vehicle had proved its ability to maneuver while in orbit, thereby making it able to dodge an enemy's missile shield.

"The flying vehicle changed both the altitude and direction of its flight," Baluyevsky said. "During the experiment conducted yesterday, we proved that it's possible to develop weapons that would make any missile defense useless."

great...to bad its about 15 years too late for the cold war ..... and too bad they dint put their heads togeather to put man on mars or beyond..... i mean realy.... if the world spent as mutch money on space exploration (or say maybe humanitarian reasons) as they do on usless weapons that will probably never be used.... well you get the picture..... and to all you out there just about ready to call me a liberal scum... treehuger... or what evere... just think about it first... your anti missile deffences are usless .....
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

you liberal scum treehugger
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAA
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

It's just another reason to push along the creation of a laser based defense system. With travel to target being under a dozen milliseconds and probably far less than that, not even these missles could get through.

I am not saying Russia would use this on us but a defense should be developed whenever possible for every offensive weapon whether the developer is friend or foe.

Comment

On the other hand, if the Russians shouldnt use "this on us", on who should they use it on??

Not ****ing likely that the taleban milits has got intercontinental antimissile system....

Stupid ****s.

Quit spending fortunes on weapons of mass destruction.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Anyways....I thought I read that the reentry vechicle burnt up They need to work on that part I guess yet.

From what I understand the Missile Sheild that the US wants to develop is for rouge strikes from like North Korea, where it will be only a handful of missiles and not 100's coming from Russia.

Lets also remember that often countermesures are often useless at times. Remember those GPS jammers that the Iraqi's had? Well one was taken out by a GPS guided bomb
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

oh darn, I didn't even get to call you all liberal treehugger scum yet ... wtf? some of you people are wierd.

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Dogwood tree-hugger!

Comment

This is not unexpected.

But the press release fails to mention HOW MUCH those RVs can maneuver. The faster is goes, the less it can maneuver.

The subject of accuracy has yet to be broached as well.

Modern Nuclear Conflict Simulations primarily focus on shooting at hard targets. Accuracy is important.

Remember too, that there are some ideas on the table for stopping RVs that haven't made the mainstream news, either.
                    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

well, then let this thing doge dummy countermeasure-missles as long as it misses its target worthless crap!
                      Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

Some people just don't get it...make money, not war!
                        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
                        X