Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with MSP and Huffyuv

Hi all,
    last night, i captured a few clips at 720*576 using avi_io and huffyuv as codec. The captured clips were ok (no frame drops) and they encoded nicely to mpg2. The problems start when i import the clips to msp for editing.
    The msp project has exactly the same properties as the captured clips.
    The Problems are :
    1. during scrubbing on the timeline there are various color flashes on the preview window (although playback is ok).
    2. Putting a transition between 2 clips and then previewing the edited part you get coloured snow (although during the rendering looks ok)
    3. Smart check and convert of MSP reports the clips as non optimized and in the "Mismatched file properties" section reads "Huffy v.2.1.1.".

The above problems have been verified on both MSP 6.5 and 7.01 with Win98 and Win2k as OSs.
    So, by digging in this resourceful forum i found almost the same problem in this thread http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5148
    Recompress is a solution as it is suggested there but not a good one since it will take ages to render and the double space (since all the clips will have to be rendered again).

A solution that i found (by trial and error) is to set the "RGB compression Method" to "<- Convert to YUY2".
    With this method, you still have smartrender on, and the edited part looks ok on the preview; but scrubbing on the timeline still has problems and smart check and convert still reports the same error. (Well, i think i can live by ignoring the last 2)

Any suggestions/solutions are welcome.
    mits,
    System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
    model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.
Working...
X