What about a G400 TV/AGP FAQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about a G400 TV/AGP FAQ?

The G400 AGP/TV/fan questions are frequently showing up and the search isn't soo usefull with its 4 character limitation.

Since I've some time left at the moment, I would try to write one, but I'm a G400 user for 2 days now, so I hope you would add your experiences to make it better.

Maybe somebody makes it a sticky, so everybody can find it easily.

What do you think? Necessary?

Have a nice evening, Hannes

what kind of questions?

the one about the voltage is in the FAQ and shouldn't be that hard to find through search

Comment

Mmmh, I thought of this special revision/Asus/AGP/mod theme, of the cloning of the desktop on tv and of the fan replacment question (regarding the max).

Interesting would be some infos about scart-rgb too.

Honestly I didn't find anything about the G400 and these questions neither in the FAQ nor in the FAQ files, but maybe I'm just blind.

I think I just write some infos together and load it on my webspace.

Thanks for your reply, dZeus! Cheers, Hannes

Comment

Well cloning/dvdmax functioning is clearly explained in powerdesk help itself. That and on Matrox' site.

If you do a search on 'G400' and 'Voltage' on this forum, you should find the voltage info in no-time.

as for use of the G-series card in a HTPC, I'll write a short article on that.

Comment

Great!

So the only thing to add is the fan issue:

----------------------------------------------------
          The fan on the G400MAX is an Aavid 1447122, rated 0.13A@5V (5V!! not 12V). It has a special form factor: 40x40x7mm, but can be replaced with a standard 40x40x10mm fan.

As a solid rule of thumb, you can exchange fans with about the same power consumption, that's calculated as the product of voltage and current, e.g. for the original Aavid 5x0.13=0.65W.

To replace it, you can use e.g. the Papst 412F with 0.70W (5400rpm, Sintec bearing) or the cheaper YS-Tech FD 1240103B-2A with 0.66W (4500rpm, ball bearing).

Or you use the card without a fan of course as many do here (not recommended when the card should be used for games though).

Last thing to consider: do NOT connect your new fan to the original card header as your new fan won't power up securely or run at all, since standard pc fans need 12V (header output 5V)! If it starts though, it will run at less than half speed.

--------------------------------------------------

So that's all I can contribute at the moment.

Have a nice evening and many thanks for being helpfull & patient, dZeus! Cheers, Hannes

Comment

Working...
          X