Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Keyboaed just drank tea...

My trusty Cherry G80-3000 just drank a half cup of tea

Flushed it with water, shook the water out, and it works perfectly - even better than before, in fact; it needed a little cleaning

Took some pics to show you laptop-lovers what a real keyboard looks like

AZ

PS: it took VERY long to post this without keycaps

There's an Opera in my macbook.

pretty rugged keyboard.
    I had one that drank coffee once - was beyond repair - may have something to do with the sugar.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

my MS Internet Pro keyboard drank some beer, which gets incredibly sticky. Fortunately, the last generation MS keyboards are build very robust and are very easy to clean. After cleaning it was back in mint condition.

Comment

Why do you have a mat under an optical mouse?
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

It survived an orang juice attack before, uncleaned (Though the ö got sticky.. it's better now )

Brian, because it sounds and feels better, and has less friction. I had a standard everglide mat before, and it felt great, but my mouse wouldn't track on it

AZ

Comment

I found that mine works best on the melamine table top (plain white) surface. It glides smoothly and silently and gives the best correlation between hand and cursor movements.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

If possible, I'd have it hover

Didn't like the slight "fingernails on blackboard" feeling that all of my mouses gave on all my two Ikea desks. I also don't like those hard mouse pads.

Oh, and I don't do this to improve my aim in shootrs or anything, I don't game that much. I just don't like to have to put any effort in moving my pointer (thus I also us a very high mouse speed with which my very computer-literate girlfriend can't click icons at )

AZ
              Last edited by az; 17 February 2004, 10:08.

Comment

My MS natural drank about 1/8 cup of water, and was toast.
                "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

You can rescue many keyboards if you dry them QUICKLY, and with cheaper boards it's especially important to take the mbranes off one another and to let them dry THOROUGHLY before putting them together again. The contacts on them corrode FAST, so you better use a hairdryer.

AZ

Comment

I use a Ratpadz pad with my optical mouse at home. My desk surface seems to be a little too uniform, so the mouse sometimes can't tell that it's moving. At work, my desk has a better pattern, so I don't need a pad.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

The easiest way to clean a keyboard is to put it in a dishwasher. Just don't use any soap, stick it upside down on the top rack and let it run. WHen done, put it upside down on a towel and let it dry over night.

For those without a dishwasher, i.e. you use good old fashion elbow grease, soak it in hot water for half an hour. Rinse thuroughly under the faucet. Let dry over night.

Jammrock
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

This does not always work with cheap (common) membrane boards. They don't dry between the membranes and corrode.

AZ

Comment

Yeah , my MSpro wireless is uses plastic membranes. I pulled it apart and gave it a good rinse and then a final rinse with distilled water just to make sure nothing was left behind. I then gave it a day or so to dry hanging up and its almost like new.

Thats recovering from several minor burbon and dry spills and one major Beer soaking.

Comment

tea? yeah right! no need to fool us you dirty bugger!

Comment

You're right guchi, it was actually 150 ml of some unnamed bodily fluid. What, 150 ml isn't that much, is it?

AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X