Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow FS2004 interface...

Hello,

I recently installed MS FlightSimulator 2004. The game itselfs runs fine (Parhelia), but the userinterface is very unresponsive; both in full screen and Windowed mode. When you select an item (e.g. 'create new flight' or 'settings') it takes very long for the screen to load, same when you select a location or something similar. Once inside the cockpit, this problem goes away...

Any hints ?

My config:
    Supermicro X5DA8
    2x Xeon 2.4 GHz (FSB=533)
    2x Infineon 512 MB reg. DDR ECC
    Matrox Parhelia 512 (128 MB)
    Adaptec 2906
    IBM Ultrastar 36 LZX
    Seagate Cheetah 10K.6
    Toshiba SD-M1612 DVD
    Plextor PX708A
    Lian Li PC70
    PC Power Cooling 510XE

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

um thats a bit odd, im running the game onmy amd 2600,512 ddr ram, matrox parhelia at 2400x600 res and have no problems with the interface. I dont think its a hardware problem, I believe its windows problem.
    SaTaN^666

Comment

Oops, I should have posted the issue (after I found it). To isolate the problem, I reinstalled Windows, servicepack, directx, Matroxdrivers and FS2004. It then worked perfectly.

The delays in the interface occured as soon as I had installed Kensington Mouseworks (driver for my trackball). So apparently, it must be a conflict with/in this driver. I mailed it to Kensington techsupport, and am still waiting for their response... Version 6.0.3 of their driver probabely doesn't uninstall properly, as removing the driver doesn't bring the normal interface back; this appears to have been solved in version 6.0.3r2: an uninstall brings everything back ok, but the drivers themselves still cause the conflict.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
      X