Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna buy a phone number?

Tommy TuTone's 867-5309

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

who is Tommy TuTone?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
          who is Tommy TuTone?

shhhhhh!
          you're showing your age

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/8675309.htm
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

How did such a lame tune survive so long? And why would someone even particularly want that number from the song, much less pay such a ridiculous amount of money for it?

Nevermind, I know why..

Comment

I think they should introduce a new law. all the silly people with too much money should have it taken away and given to me.
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

It would be a pretty sweet # to have, but seriously for $33k? And it's still going...

Comment

Originally posted by bsdgeek
                  It would be a pretty sweet # to have, but seriously for $33k? And it's still going...
                  I doubt he'll even see a red cent of that....just stupid people putting in bids for the hell of it when they have no intention of paying for it. I wonder how many people have 0 purcahses.
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The leading bidder has good feedback. His most recent purchases have included things like a 2 dollar hard drive and a 40 dollar wireless networking card.
                    Just a month left of grad school!

Comment

It is curious to see so many bids for it. And if you look at the bid list, a lot of these people having killer ratings. Also, you can't transfer that number if you don't live in the same area code(afaik).

Dave
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I should rephrase. You can have that number if you don't live in the area code, but then your phone number would have a 212 area code even if you lived in 925 or whatever
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hmm... $2 for a hard drive and $40,000 for some vanity phone number. That makes a lot of sense.

Comment

$41 k now.....
                            -We stop learning when We die, and some
                            people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                            Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                            - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                            - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Working...
                            X