Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Runner Studio & VCD

Hi all

Apologies if this has been covered before.

I have a Rainbow Runner Studio and have recently acquired a DVD player that plays VCD's, so naturally I am trying to burn my own.

My question is - what is the best way to get my home movies onto VCD using the Rainbow Runner Studio, ie can it capture direct to VCD format (PAL) or do I have to capture at a particular data rate and then convert with s 3rd party piece of software. I am OK as far as the VCD burning proces goes but am a little unsure of the best way to capture/convert.

Any help would be appreciated and once again - sorry if this has already been covered a million times.

Martin

There are many ways, but this is what I do...

Capture the original video with the best quality you can.

Get a copy of TMPGEnc (V12a) from www.jamsoft.com/tmpgenc (with English language patch). use this to transcode form .AVI to .MPEG with the supplied VCD template.

Get a copy of NERO V5 and burn VCD compliant CD's.

It is that simple! Of course you can then spend years getting the tweaking right!

I recommend TMPGEnc V12a (not the latest version) as the latest version has had the MPEG2 transcoding removed. With 12a you can also create SVCD's - just in case your DVD player can play them. TMPGEnc - is also free and a wonderful piece of s/w.
    Phil
    AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

Hi

I capture at quater frame PAL which is the correct frame size for VCD. Then use Panasonic stand alone MPEG encription programe. Quality is excellent. Render times are long though.

Then use either Adaptec 4.o or nero 5.0 to burn the VCD. - note do not try burning Disk At Once (DAO), use Track at once (TAO), as under test/simulation everything appears ok but when the real burn starts all you get is another coaster.

I hope this helps

Paul

Comment

Thanks a million for the advice folks.

I've got a funny feeling that this is going to take me ages to master....

Martin

Comment

Working...
        X