whats your take on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats your take on this

so is it legit or a wolf in sheeps clothing?
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Q: Is your software full version or .... ?
    A: Our versions is full copies of originals cds.

Q: Some products can works only with dongle. Do I need dongle?
    A: No. All software that needed dongle is cracked.
    /me thinks it is illegal...

Edit: Plus their "products" can't be updated. My conclusion is that they try to make money by SELLING stuff that normal w*rez sites offer for free.
    Last edited by Tempest; 9 February 2004, 05:19.

Comment

thought so... but then would they put up a web shop and advertise the whole mater... got it in email..... ?
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
        thought so... but then would they put up a web shop and advertise the whole mater...
        It's illegal so they're probably very stupid.

got it in email..... ?
        It's called SPAM.
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Lol.
          It might have been secondhand software, but somehow I dont think that.

The fact that they advertise "new" software available, and doesnt say how many "copies" they have..

But ehm. Well.
          They ARE cheap..

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Arrrr. Not as cheap as other alternatives matey
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

No, they're not stupid. They operate from countries where such actions are not illegal, such as Ukraine, so they act with perfect immunity.

Where they make their money is with items like Windows XP, because their XP Pro does not require activation (possibly copies of the Corporate Edition).

Now, do a little thinking. Their CDs are pressed and printed, they are not CD-Rs. How much does it cost for professionals to crack a dongle and other security systems, make a DLT, have a master made and, say, 1,000 copies pressed plus jewel case inserts that look like the original then even shrink-wrap it? My guess is ~ $10k. So they make $20k gross on the deal. Multiply that by each title and ... who's talking about stupidity? You cannot blame them, nor even those who buy the stuff, probably not even knowing it comes from Turkmenistan or Outer Mongolia.

There is a tiny risk. Importing it into wherever you live is liable to confiscation, but this is negligible, because I've little doubt that they don't put on the green Customs slip anything like "Pirated Windows Software". More likely something like "IT Data CD, value $2"

I admit, I fell for it once, on a friend's recommendation. When I saw the goods, I recognised it immediately as piracy and not (as was claimed) OEM discs surplust to requirements.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                No, they're not stupid. They operate from countries where such actions are not illegal, such as Ukraine, so they act with perfect immunity.

Where they make their money is with items like Windows XP, because their XP Pro does not require activation (possibly copies of the Corporate Edition).

Now, do a little thinking. Their CDs are pressed and printed, they are not CD-Rs. How much does it cost for professionals to crack a dongle and other security systems, make a DLT, have a master made and, say, 1,000 copies pressed plus jewel case inserts that look like the original then even shrink-wrap it? My guess is ~ $10k. So they make $20k gross on the deal. Multiply that by each title and ... who's talking about stupidity? You cannot blame them, nor even those who buy the stuff, probably not even knowing it comes from Turkmenistan or Outer Mongolia.
                1. Cracks are free
                2. Printing CDs + Jewel cases cost less than $2 a piece.
                3. People who buy this stuff can be blamed for buying stolen goods. Especially after reading the info on the site which show's it's pirated software.

There is a tiny risk. Importing it into wherever you live is liable to confiscation, but this is negligible, because I've little doubt that they don't put on the green Customs slip anything like "Pirated Windows Software". More likely something like "IT Data CD, value $2"

I admit, I fell for it once, on a friend's recommendation. When I saw the goods, I recognised it immediately as piracy and not (as was claimed) OEM discs surplust to requirements.
                There is no such thing as "OEM discs surplust to requirements".
                Either you're naive or you're making a bad excuse for buying pirated software.

P.S.
                I don't buy* pirated software.
                Last edited by TransformX; 9 February 2004, 06:25.

Comment

These particular people even seem to be too lazy to print/post CD's, they only let you download the software... And I bet they aren't even cracking their appz themselves, just selling stuff that is normally distributed by w*rez groups.

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX
                    3. People who buy this stuff can be blamed for buying stolen goods. Especially after reading the info on the site which show's it's pirated software.
                    Well, there is a law here in Belgium stating that if you don't know you buy pirated goods (and can reasonably be expected not too know - e.g. forged papers etc.), that you are not to blame for this purchase...

To what extent this applied to software, I don't know...

Jörg
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX

There is no such thing as "OEM discs surplust to requirements".
                      Not in the least bit true. I have bought genuine OEM software, complete with license, which I have registered, on a number of occasions. Somebody may be disregarding the OEM contract, but the most usual source is bankrupt stock. The public receiver or equivalent functionary of a bankrupt computer maker is obliged to offer ALL the stock at public auction. In the case of large companies, the software manufacturer usually bids for it (and loses) but I hardly imagine Bill is going to travel to Ankara to bid for 123 OEM copies of W2k at twice what he was paid for them. I probably have at least 12 genuine OEM proggies that did not come with computers, including OSs.

Then purchasers of computers with OEM proggies they do not want, e.g., MS Works, often sell off the disks/manuals/license (see eBay).
                      Last edited by Brian Ellis; 9 February 2004, 06:48.
                      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

True, but never as "surplus to requirements".
                        Selling those is illegal.

Comment

You can buy Oem software from scan.co.uk.
                          Also if you look around you do see oem stuff for sale as Brian E says above.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ok.. Learning something new every day...

/me is eating my virtual hat.

Comment

I have seen quite a few copies of legit surplus software, they are usually thing like bundled software for computers sold to corprate's.

They don't require the software just the computers so some enterpriseing dude sells them off, not quite legit but I have no problem buying cheap and legal oem software, even if they method of sale contravenes some arrogant companies eula.

But that link above is obviously a full blown pirate site, oem stuff comes shrinkrapped with the basic stuff eg maunal certifcate and CD, There is no saving removing those(unless you don't have them in the first place=dodgy)

I get these pirate spam's quite regularly, I think we going to have real problems getting rid of spam if these guys can so arrogantly pirate and spam with it seem so little consequence.

Comment

Working...
                              X