Compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression

I'm not that familiar with the technical backgrounds about video editing. I'm just a simple user without any additional knowledge. But reading this forum there are some things that puzzle me:

* Compression : the Marvel G400 does MJPEG compression (hardware). I see a lot of threads about YUY2 or YUYHUFF.. Is this software compression or also hardware compression?

* If I buy a FireWire card and have one of the latest PIII processors I don't need a solution like the Marvel, or do I? Because the compression can be done via a processor that is fast enough.

For the record, I have a Marvel G400 but I'm now looking for a new system and I'm wondering if I still need the Marvel G400 or I is it enough to have a Fire Wire card.

Kind regards, Peer.

It depends on what you are going to do. If to work only with the camera: record video from the camera=>making a movie=>record back to the camera, you don't need anything more. Just a firewire controller and software. But if you want to grab and output something from/ to non-DV source, such as VCR, or TV, or analog videocamera - you need the possibility of analog capture/ output.

------------------
    Anatoly Neverov
    Minsk, Belarus
    Anatoly Neverov
    Minsk, Belarus

Comment

Working...
    X