Pentium PC Vendors Face Chip Patent Suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentium PC Vendors Face Chip Patent Suit

Patriot's legal actions began last summer, shortly after the company was awarded a patent for the way a microprocessor manages the operation of its clock, which controls its running speed. At the time, Patriot said in a statement that the patent "not only bolsters Patriot's licensable microprocessor IP portfolio, but further strengthens the company's patent rights."
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

The "new" IT branch : IP Vultures
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

SCO part deux.

Comment

Well I guess if we have a legal system that encourages parasites, we are going to get a lot of em.

Comment

The US patent office has to look at itself and decide whether it requires a patent... at the rate patents are being accepted
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Er how can you patent something that's already in widescale use

I think things should be settled in the old fashion way, Intel should pop around to Patriot, with Sony, Toshiba, etc and give them a damn good kicking. When they've finished they could pop along to SCO
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
              Er how can you patent something that's already in widescale use
              Haven't seen the patent number, but I'd guess that it was indeed filed a long time ago.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

someone should get a patent on getting patents
                Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Working...
                X