Level trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level trigger

I have given up trying to get the AGP card and the Marvel to co-exist but I have now a new problem with capturing video! My hardware supplier inadvertently fried my motherboard when I went to them with the problem and replaced it.

I now have a Soltek SL-67KV motherboard with an Award bios listed as 2A6LJSN9C-00. I am experiencing problems with my Matrox Marvel G200 PCI Video capture features. It captures only the first frame of video in a capture file. The FAQ section of the Matrox website refers to this problem specifically and states:

- The IRQ assigned to our graphics card is assigned as edge trigger instead of level trigger. Go to your cmos setup, then to PnP configurations, look for "irq activated by" and make sure that this is set to level.

However I am unable to find the IRQ activated by in this BIOS. The Award website does not have a manual for this BIOS number and they suggest contacting the motherboard manufacturer. The motherboard manufacturer has failed so far to respond (though they could be closed over the Christmas period).

The options in the PNP/PCI Configuration section of the BIOS are: (option1/option2 - currnet section)

PNP OS; yes/no – yes
    Resources connected by; Auto/Manual – Auto
    Reset configuration data; enabled/disable – disabled

CPU to PCI write buffer; enabled/disabled – enabled
    PCI dynamic Bursting; enabled/disabled – enabled
    PCI Master 0 WS write; enabled/disable – enabled
    PCI Delay tranaction; enabled/disable – enabled
    PCI #2 Access #1 retry; enabled/disable – enabled
    AGP Master 1 WS write; enabled/disable – disabled
    AGP Master 1 WS Raed; enabled/disable – disabled
    Assign IRQ for USB; enabled/disable – enabled
    Assign IRQ for VGA; enabled/disable – enabled

Windows 2000, SP1, Pentium III 500 Mhz, RAM 512MB (396 - SD133, 128 SD100) RAM; PCI: SCSI, Fax Modem, Satellite receiver, SoundBlaster Live value, Matrox Marvel, AGP: Geforce MMX; IDE:Phillips DVD, Fujitsu 17GB HD (UDMA 66), Maxtor 27GB HD (UDMA 66), Quantum 4GB (UDMA 33); Other: HP SCSI CD Writer

Hi Horatio,
    most of the newer bios do not have the "IRQ activated by" setting any more, however go to the following address http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr.../ftp_util2.cfm
    and get the irqset.exe file, its actual name is irqset3.exe, unzip it and read the attached readme.txt.
    With this utility you can check how the IRQ is triggered and even you can change it (if this is your real capturing problem)
    Good luck and Happy New Year

mits,
    System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
    model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I have tried downloading this file, however, it states it is only suitable for Win 95 or 98 and I am using Windows 2000. Any other ideas or can I follow those instructions - but does win 2000 have an autoexec.bat?

Comment

Working...
      X