5th Feb and the wasps are out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th Feb and the wasps are out

Yup would you believe it T-Shirt weather and the Queen wasps are around. Just swatted one that sounded like a small motorbike.

Average temperature at the moment is 7.5C above normal. Tempatures are supposed to dip to around normal this weekend then back to the very mild weather next week. Is this going to be the warmest Feb on record. I'm thinking yes as the weather models aren't showing any prolonged cold weather at all at the moment.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Well, the weather this winter have been real bad (as in a It Sucks" way).

No REAL heavy snow, or REAL heavy frost. LOTS of water.

Strange.
    ~~DukeP~~

Comment

Strange. We had record cold here in Utah, US. Salt Lake City went about three weeks without going above 32 F/ 0 C.

AlgoRhythm

Comment

Heaviest snow fall here so far just over an inch new years eve.
        No real cold weather of note this winter either so far.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The only wasps out here are White Anglo-Saxon Protestants and even they are wearing coats and touques.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

It's been fairly cold and damp today down here in the south. I'm not expecting to see any wasps for a while yet.
            Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Yep it's been extremely cold in NYC too. It was a below 32F for most of January.

Comment

We currently have snowbanks that are higher than my car. Expecting another 10-20 cm tonight. Great stuff, since I'm going snowboarding on saturday.

You want cold? Last week I was in Banff, Alberta, and the first day of skiing there was a HIGH of -33C (-27F). At the bottom of the mountain. Not including windchill. You know it's cold when it doesn't even feel cold anymore. All you feel is pain. At least it's easy to tell where you have exposed skin. It's where it feels like someone is stabbing you
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
                  It's been fairly cold and damp today down here in the south. I'm not expecting to see any wasps for a while yet.
                  Eh?? Softy. Must be one of the few places in the UK that isn't into double figures then.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

We had another ice storm here in Michigan last night. As a result there is 1/2" coating of ice on every car window in sight, which is going to be a major bitch to scrape off. Almost every school district has packed it in for the day.

"Global warming" my ass

And don't give me the "increased extremes" arguement for "global warming" since this still isn't as snowy/icy as winters when I was a kid and the temps are about the same.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 February 2004, 08:43.
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Of course the Wasps are out, the rugby season is still in full swing.

The Official Home of Wasps Rugby Men & Wasps Netball, Fixtures, Tickets, Match Reports, Player Profiles, Hospitality, Wasps TV.
                      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                        "Global warming" my ass

And don't give me the "increased extremes" arguement for "global warming" since this still isn't as snowy/icy as winters when I was a kid and the temps are about the same.

Dr. Mordrid
                        So the climate has changed, just not the way YOU would expect it to if Global Warming Theory was valid?
                        Does that about sum it up?
                        chuck

PS We get bad ice storms here sometimes too.
                        Costs a lot for the tree work afterwards
                        I sympathize and hope it clears up quickly for you.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Definatley warmer here.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Bah supposed to be colder today and getting colder.
                            Put on a thick warm shirt go out into the peak district and of course I'm too bloody warm.
                            Temperature 7.6C now and rising. Supposed to be stormy tonight was averaging force 8 at 8.30 this morning but now dropped.
                            T Shirt and light jacket for the football this afternoon no doubt Sheff United will play like lemons again too piss me off but what the heck I bought a season ticket.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I was going to ask - where do you live that you're surprised to see a bunch of white folk in February?

Then I realized - it's the UK, and it's about bees.

- Gurm
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X