Marvel G400 Max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 Max?

I don't really think so, becaused they've abolished the RRG upgrade pins from the G450 already if I am not mistaken

Correct. The RR-G ends with the G400 cards.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Regardless of whether future Matrox video cards might support the RR-G, the path you're thinking of (buying a Marvel G200) wouldn't get you there. Although the Marvel G200 is functionally a G200 + RR-G, the Marvel is actually implemented as a single board, so you can't separate the RR-G portion from the G-200.

Comment

Thanks for clarification, John.
        I had some experience in the past with Mystique with RR Studio add-on card and this is why I expected Marvel solution was similar. Actually the idea appeared because I could buy (cheap of course) Marvel G200. Now it looks that the only solution to upgrade my G400 MAX to be video editing ready is to buy the add-on card RR-G.
        Do you think it is good idea to go this way few weeks (or raher months) before the switch to G800, when it is available?
        Maybe more reasonable solution is to forget about Matrox video editing card and to buy rather Pineacle DC30 Plus or something similar?
        Bogdan

Comment

Marvel G400 Max?

For some time I've been (happy) user of Millenium G400 MAX graphic card. Now I have the possibility to buy Marvel G200.
          Can anybody advise if the following is technically possible and if it makes sense:
          To combine RR card with blue box from Marvel set with my G400 MAX and to use G200 card from Marvel as single card on another computer. Will it improve the performance of RR or will it remain the same, nevertheless with which Matrox card it works?
          By the way:
          I know there is nothing "for sure" about G800 or whatever will be the new name of next generation card, but are there any rumours about possibility of using RR module with this card when it is born at last?
          Bogdan

Comment

Working...
          X