Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPEG to tape?

To sum up:

Am I correct in concluding (after searching the site for related topics) that the Marvel G200 will not output MPEG video to tape?
    Am I also correct in concluding that only a dualhead card will do the job? Or is there a utility that will handle it?

I've succeeded in creating some fine looking MPEG files of my favorite videos using TMPGEnc, so imagine my chagrin in discovering the G200 wouldn't output the video to tape!

Kind of puts a crimp in my archiving plan!

What news on this front?

Kevin

To record MPEGs on a VCR with the RR-S, one can output the desktop while Windows Media Player is set to play back in Full Screen mode. Can't the Marvel G200 do that?

Comment

I don't believe it can. This is a feature of DualHead/DVDMax.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 02 January 2001).]

Comment

Its another part of the G200 Marvel drivers that never really worked as advertised. You are supposed to be able to enable TV out for resolutions of 800x600 or 640x480 and have the desktop go to the analog out on the BOB in parallel with the computer monitor.

Rather poor quality and centering problems made this useless for most people.

You might be lucky, if you can get the display reasonably centered on your TV and have one of the cards that put out decent colors doing this, then playing back full screen in media player should let you record the analog output.

Never worked for me, but I didn't spend much time trying as MJPEG was why I bought the card.

--wally.

Comment

Thanks, all.

I was able to output to TV with reasonable quality, though I see what you mean, Wally, by centering problems.

And now the darned system isn't sending out the audio like it did last night! What a revolting developement.

Ah, well. back to the old drawing board.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X