Naming techies kids....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming techies kids....

HOLLAND, Mich. - Tacking Jr. or II onto a boy's name is too common, a new father decided, so the self-described engineering geek took a software approach to naming his newborn son.

Jon Blake Cusack talked his wife, Jamie, into naming their son

Jon Blake Cusack 2.0

Version 2.0 was born Tuesday at Holland Community Hospital, and the proud parents took him home Friday.

"I wanted to find something different to name him besides Jon Blake," Cusack, who is self-employed with Westshore Design and Cusack Music, told The Holland Sentinel.

He said he had the idea for a few months, and spent the better part of that time persuading his wife to go along.

Jamie Cusack said she didn't concede until the week before the birth. She said she had "picked out the theme of the baby's room and done other things. I decided to let Jon have this."

After 2.0's birth, the Cusacks sent out an electronic birth announcement.

"I wrote in the birth announcement e-mail stuff, like there's a lot of features from version 1.0 with additional features from Jamie," Jon Cusack said.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 February 2004, 14:04.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

hehe, Poor kid.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I just saw that posted on another forum and you beat me to it Doc

Well the kid will eventually change his name once he realizes what his father did.

Comment

he should have gone with the microsoft naming convension
        "Jon Blake Cusack 2004"
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Elie

Well the kid will eventually change his name once he realizes what his father did.
          Just hope he doesn't name his kid 3.0 in turn.

Comment

"Jon Blake Cusack SE" would work too. And if the kid had mental retardation it'd still apply, just meaning "Special Edition" (like ATI's 9600SE which is slower than a stock 9600.)

Comment

When he gets his first prosthetic body part, he will have to change his name to Jon Blake Cusack 2.1.

Comment

I very much empathize with that naming system...
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Jon Blake XP?
                  Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

Jon Blake beta release 2.0023.45

or Jon Blake soon TM

Cheers,
                    Elie

Comment

Jon Blake soon TM
                      Don't think anyone but DW would be able to keep that one in the bun after done bell rang

Howdy Ho Elie
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

LOL Greebe

CHeers,
                        Elie

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                          "Jon Blake Cusack SE" would work too. And if the kid had mental retardation it'd still apply, just meaning "Special Edition" (like ATI's 9600SE which is slower than a stock 9600.)
                          I personally like calling ATI's SE products Sucky Edition
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Can you imagine how badly this kid is going to be picked on in school!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X