G400 TV OUT -- vertical ines across TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 TV OUT -- vertical ines across TV

hi i have my g400 hooked up to my analog TV, via the svideo, yes its the right cable, i got it off of the matrox online store.

now, i am using this for an htpc so i have no other monitor hooked up to this.

my question is the video on the TV looks crappy! there are verical lines about every 1/4" running the whole length of the TV screen.

thinking that it might be the TV, i replaced the card with a radeon 9600 and used its Svideo, it looks great! NO LINES!

from reading here and other places the g400 should really put the ati card to shame when using s-video..can someone help me out here?

any ideas what could be wrong with the card/my setup?

thanks.

Hi,

Try this..

- Disconnect the Antenna/CableTV feed that is connected to your TV and leave ONLY our output cable connected to it instead.

Hope this helps..
    Saad Khoury
    Marketing & Public Relations

Lina Transport Inc.
    1400 Rue Sauvé Ouest Suite 222-8
    Montréal, Québec
    H4N-1C5
    Canada

Comment

i'm using a hauppage tv card, so when i hook the matox tvout via svideo to my TV, its the ONLY thing that is feeding the tv.

i have my cable going into the hauppauge card, then the matrox feeds the tv via svideo.

Comment

any more ideas here, i would like to get this working but the picture just looks awful!

i have tried resolutins from 640x480 all the way to 1024x768, 16 bit color, 32 bit color...nothing seems to work.

the tv is a new panasonic TAU.

Comment

I have similar lines that show up on my TV as well when connected to my G400MAX TV-OUT. I have noted that they do NOT seem to show up when the G400MAX is outputing a DVD-MAX image, but only when viewing the desktop/pictures etc. It is odd, but the lines are very faint on my TV, and I have learned to deal with it.
          Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
          MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
          Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
          Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Working...
          X