G400 SCART/RGB for NTSC TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 SCART/RGB for NTSC TV?

hi i have a ntsc tv that has RGB inputs, can i make the scart adapter for my g400 card as seen here:

and use this on my TV/G400?

second, if yes can someone make me one and sell it to me? i have no idea how that diagram works!

Is it a regular G400 Millennium, or a Marvel?
    That cable is for the Marvel. There is another diagram in those FAQs for the Millenniums.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

its the regular millenium...so can i use the correct scart adapter for a ntsc tv and use the rgb cables to my tv?

thanks.

Comment

Well, on looking at the FAQs again, I am not seeing a scart pinout for the regular G400. I think it can be done, but I've never done it myself. I do know you can't use the G450/G550 cable, as the pinout is slightly different.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

If you're sure you have the Millennium G400 card, you need to use the SCART-RGB schematics, from here: http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?t=4382
          (straight from the HD15 output of our card to the SCART input on your TV)
          Saad Khoury
          Marketing & Public Relations

Lina Transport Inc.
          1400 Rue Sauvé Ouest Suite 222-8
          Montréal, Québec
          H4N-1C5
          Canada

Comment

ok i understand that i can make the scart adapter, but is there any point for doing this on my NTSC tv, my tv has component/RGB inputs, not SCART, but it looks to me like this adapter allows me to hook component cables up to the matrox card? right??

Comment

are you sure the inputs on your tv aren't YBpPr? If so, that's not the same as SCART-RGB uses. Scart-RGB will only work for seperate RGB inputs and a composite sync input. YBpPr is something completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                are you sure the inputs on your tv aren't YBpPr? If so, that's not the same as SCART-RGB uses. Scart-RGB will only work for seperate RGB inputs and a composite sync input. YBpPr is something completely different.
                thanks that what i wanted to know, yes my tv just has the ybpPr connection...so is there anything better than s-video for the matrox card? what about getting transcoder?

Comment

Working...
                X