Prescott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescott

Want to read, but want to watch Superbowl. Which one... which one!

Mm, good readin' for tomorrow morning.

Comment

Interesting, looks good. But still...I really want an Athlon 64 FX. That's one mighty CPU!!!

Comment

Ace's Hardware has a review here. Overall quite disappointing considering all the hype around it, but let's see how it's doing in a few months. Those extra ten pipeline stages really kill it in a few benchmarks though.

Athlon 64 remains at the top of my to-lust-after list.
        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Good eatin'. Looks like a strong CPU.

Comment

I think it actually has 31 pipeline stages, so there is 11 more than in the northwood, so it will be interesting how athlon 64 can keep up.

Whats most interesting about prescott, is that it seems to scale better than the northwood

Comment

Yeh it looks like they've done another early P4 again. Runs like a dog but scales very well and then becomes a greyhound.
              It will be interesting to see what Intels 64 bit offering is.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Topha
                I think it actually has 31 pipeline stages, so there is 11 more than in the northwood, so it will be interesting how athlon 64 can keep up.

Whats most interesting about prescott, is that it seems to scale better than the northwood
                I've read lots of comments from people that Northwood actually contains 28 stages, not 20. Intel just gave the first 8 some catchy marketing name

Comment

skip Prescot...... wait for tjas or what 2nd iteration of PIV ... thats when things start getting hot..... excuse the pun
                  "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Or get a Northwood, still packs quite a puch, not to say that it beats the Prescott in many gaming tests at same clock. Might as well get a Northwood Extreme Edition when prices drop, if you want/need the extra cache and see Intel as a prerequisite.

The socket 754 Athlon 64 3000+ and 3200+ look more and more appealing here, it's just the confusion on the upcoming socket 939 Athlon 64 CG and FX and migration to that format for the future.

Comment

Yeah, I would say wait. Prescott may be better in a few more releases, and until AMD decides on the new Socket for the 64, I will stick with what I have.
                      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

yes, i am personally waiting for a socket 939 a64...

Comment

I'm personally waiting for the dual core Opterons, and the PCI Express boards with AGP...

Probably empoyed soon... which means cause to celebrate... which means more upgrading...

J1NG

Comment

which means more money spent on "unnecessary" things

which means getting ready to face your GF/wifes.

Comment

Sorry, I'm a monk. No GF or wife. Which means everything I earn stays with me.

J1NG

Comment

Working...
                              X