Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other card with the rt x100 ?

Hi

Again does anyone have any experience with the rt x100 and any radeon cards? I would like to get a 9600 xt on ebay to replace my g550. I like to play games. My 2nd moniter is only simple stuff. So I just want to know if it will capture analogue and work without gliches? Any suggestions? Michael
    asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
    4x512 1066 samsung Rambus Ram ( @533)
    120gb or 80 gb system maxtor (ata 133 ) ( removable caddie)
    240 gb ( with 8 mb buffer) raid-o
    250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
    Sony Mutli Format DVD burner
    samsung 40x cdrw burner
    Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Soundcard
    Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
    Matrox Rt.x100
    Ati Radeon 9800 pro
    19" Nec Fe991sb crt / 17" Crystalscan / Tv monitor
    Antec Server case SX1040BII and 400 watt power supply
    Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

I have the RTX100 and am using a Gforce 4 TI 4200 Dual head and TV out.

It works great with the RTX and games.

The last time I bought an ATI I was plagued by driver problems. I don't know if things have changed for ATI.... it's been a long time since I owned one.

Comment

Hi,

thanks. I just wanted to double check that you don't have any problems capturing analogue video with the nvidia/rtx100 combo? That would solve problems. I could work and play. Michael
      asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
      250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
      samsung 40x cdrw burner
      Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
      Matrox Rt.x100
      Ati Radeon 9800 pro
      Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

I don't capture much analog any more, but I did do some small captures of analog recently and don't have any problems with it.

What kind of problems have you experienced?

Comment

I have a GeForce 4 mx with a RTx10 (should be about the same). Everything works well here. I've done both analog and digital capture. No problems so far.

Jeff
          -We stop learning when We die, and some
          people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
          Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
          - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
          - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Hi,
            Just in setting up my system I had 5 different sound cards to get it to work. I tried the creative labs,the onboard soundcard, m audio, hercules, to finally end on the turle beach. I have premeire 6.5 and it crashes after long transfers. I have some avi's from even a dv via firewire that crashes when I export. So , I don't think it is very stable overall.I should have a powerfull stable system. But unfortunatly I don't. Also I have been getting chunky framerates on video games and some games won't play. But after the initial problem , I am carefull before I try anything. I still think that m audio is a great card and I'm sorry that it doesn't work. It is much better the the turtle beach. But at least the turtle beach works. So I am wondering what the best card for both capture and games that will work with the rt.x100. I don't want to have to buy 5 different videocards. I tend to do 2 hour or even longer transfers. I don't even go straight to mv2. But I get only 2 out of 3. Michael
            ps Have you done any long transfers with the nvidia that worked?
            asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
            samsung 40x cdrw burner
            Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
            Matrox Rt.x100
            Ati Radeon 9800 pro
            Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

Well my last project was a 2cam deal with about 3 hours or so of footage wittled down to about an hour. If I remember right it crashed maybe 3 times at the most. Once in ReelDVD and the other 2 in premiere.

However, I am using Windows 2000 and Prem. 6.5 with Tools 4263.

I have heard from other users that are using WinXP Pro. that they have had to tweek it alot because of all the crap that's enabled that's not necessary for video editing.

Plus you should look to see that you don't have any background programs running and such.

Additionally, I run a dual boot system with caddies. I put all my editing stuff on a seperate harddrive in a caddy. When I am going to edit I just shut down and put in that harddrive and I'm ready to go.

Plus this keeps the system much more stable as I have less programs running on it. I then have and Internet / Games / And JUNK disk. Where I can install anything on and not worry about it.

Once you have the OS tweaked, and only minimal software installed, try it again. [You may need to reinstall everything fresh, depending on how much software you've installed on it.] I try to take a minimalistic approach to editing... only put the software you absolutely need on it.

Comment

Hi,

I have a caddie , but just for the export drive. I guess I should put the system on a caddie, for I have one extra caddie and another drive. Do you know where to got to find the xp tweaks for video editing? I can reinstall on a new caddie drive and put the minimum , but would like to what to add and what to keep off the install. Do you know if the premeire pro is worth the upgrade? I have 6.5 and the newest patches. I usually check and make sure nothing will be in the background. Even the screen saver made the system crash. Its sometimes very frustrating. Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning to ati instead of nvidia, for the 2nd card, because the ati drivers are better now. My friend is a game tester and likes the ati better. I'm very sorry that matrox is not activily pursuing the game market. But I think that the 9600 xt might fit my system and be the right price on ebay. ( approx 150$ for 256 mb 9600 xt) I wish I knew if it would work. It lists it in the system recomendations. But the audigy 2 was listed at 1st when I put mine together and IT DIDN"T WORK. And it drove me semi crazy. It couldn't find the line in and couldn't synch up. That lesson cost me 200$ The hercules and the m audio another 200$. So I think I will try a virgin install on a seperate drive. But what parts in xp should I eliminate? Again thanks for the info. Michael
                asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
                samsung 40x cdrw burner
                Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
                Matrox Rt.x100
                Ati Radeon 9800 pro
                Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

Well I am using Prem6.5 still so I really can't comment on P-pro. I have heard alot of people dumping it in favor of 6.5. Although there are some interesting features from what I have read.

The XP tweaks are here.

Good luck with ATI, post back and let me know if it works.

Comment

Hi,
                    I will give it a try and let you know. Thanks a lot. Michael
                    asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
                    samsung 40x cdrw burner
                    Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
                    Matrox Rt.x100
                    Ati Radeon 9800 pro
                    Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

Working...
                    X