X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange MSP problem

Hi all,
    Here is the story :
    I had an almost finished project (~80 min) edited with msp 6.5 (all patches applied).
    All the files of the project reside on a raid0 array.
    After having formatted the system disk and reinstalled the same O/S (win2k sp2) and all the programs, when i try to open the project with msp i see the hourglass for a second and then NOTHING, the timeline is empty. If i double click on the project file, then msp is launched and displays the following message : "17120:2:1 Unable to access the codec driver".
    What is this and why is happening? O/S, service pack, programs, drivers and codecs are the same just before the formatting.
    Relevant info:
    Project's codec PicVideo Q20
    Win2000 with SP2
    DX 9.0B
    Ati wdm drivers

Any help is appreciated.
    mits,
    System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
    model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

will MSP load any other dvps?
    if you create a new one with the same settings , will it save and load?
    can you right click on the dvp in explorer & do the results look ok?
    does the display card or sound card share irqs?
    can you copy the dvp file , resave , rename & work?
    Just a few thoughts, maybe you covered this already.
    smitty

Comment

I think I would try to open a new project, not using the same settings (i.e., with a different codec, using, e.g., the sample files on the 2nd CD) then trying to convert them to your PicVideo format.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thank you guys,
        fotunately the problem disappeared the same way as it came;ie "suddenly". Well, not exactly, actually i reformatted the system drive again (2nd time) and installed again all programs, effects etc. and voila the project was opened. By the way when i had the problem, projects that were saved with earlier versions of msp were successfully loaded.
        Last edited by mits; 1 February 2004, 02:47.
        mits,
        System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
        model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

Working...
        X