Asus MyPal A716 and 8100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus MyPal A716 and 8100

I think I might finally get a PDA this year. I'm considering one of the two Asus models coming out. The 8100 is a PDA-Phone, which makes more sense to me. Anybody have a PDA-Phone and like it? Any drawbacks compared to just a PDA?

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

You sure you want an Asus? They use CF instead of SD. SD is the majority memory on the market, and are much smaller than CF. I don't know how much Asus are, but IIRC they are quite expensive. The Toshiba 730 dropped its price to 400 dollars, features an SD slot (I think it was dual slot?) and 64MB. Other than that HP Ipaq are also nice. Do you need Wi-Fi/Bluetooth?

I got my Zire 71 for ~300, I love it. I don't know if you'd perfer Pocket PC or Palm OS though... I choosed Palm because of better repetition for competibility. (PPC 2002 can't run PPC 2003)

Anyways, I personally like them seperate, pure PDA are slimmer IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
      You sure you want an Asus? They use CF instead of SD. SD is the majority memory on the market, and are much smaller than CF. I don't know how much Asus are, but IIRC they are quite expensive. The Toshiba 730 dropped its price to 400 dollars, features an SD slot (I think it was dual slot?) and 64MB. Other than that HP Ipaq are also nice. Do you need Wi-Fi/Bluetooth?

I got my Zire 71 for ~300, I love it. I don't know if you'd perfer Pocket PC or Palm OS though... I choosed Palm because of better repetition for competibility. (PPC 2002 can't run PPC 2003)

Anyways, I personally like them seperate, pure PDA are slimmer IMO.
      Thanks for the input. The A716 has both CF and SD slots. Besides, my Canon G3 uses CF so I already have CF cards. The A716 also has both WiFi and Bluetooth. I think the phone ahs everything mentioned above plus the phone. The A716 will retail at $400. Pretty good price if you ask me.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

A716

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X