Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP 6.0 - File Writing Error

Hi All

I am attempting to edit a 60 min video with MSP 6.0 and it gets to over half way and a 'file writing error' occurs. It has a ref no. 17105:1:2. Have checked the Ulead website but this doesn't help.

There is enough HD space and the est. file size is a bit over 4GB.

Could it be because of the file size? Anyone else had this problem?

Hi there Rodgreen!
    Yes it's the filesize.
    If you are using WinNT (NTFS) you can have a filesize of max 4GB and if you use Win9x (FAT32) you can have a filesize of max 2GB.
    You need to use a compressor of some sort or to save it in smaller clips.

Regards

Cyberhof

Comment

Actually as long as he hasn't disabled OpenDML in the ulead32.ini file and the codec is OpenDML compatable you can write a 4 gig file with FAT32/Win98. IF he did disable OpenDML then the file size limit IS 2 gigs.

OpenDML codecs include the PICVideo and Morgan MJPegs. PICVideo is free.

If this still isn't enough then the only way out is to render to a highly compressed format (MPEG) under FAT32 or to edit in Win2K or NT4 using the NTFS filesystem on the video drive. In this setup the file sizes are virtually unlimited (actually several terabytes, but...).

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Further info ...
        - I am running Windows 98 with FAT32
        - Codec is Matrox MJPEG
        - I think I have OpenDML disabled ... this line is in my Ulead32.ini ...NotSaveOpenDML=1

So, does this mean that if I take this option out, I can save to 4G. Or am I better to split the render into 15min sections?

Comment

You can remove the line that disables OpenDML only if you modify another line. Look for this entry;

[VIODRIVER]
          PlayDllX=C:\Program Files\Matrox Video Tools\MCLPlugin.dll

where X is a number. Modify it by placing a ";" in front of the PlayDll entry. Save it out and now you'll be able to save up to a 4 gig *.avi file in FAT32 presuming your codec can handle it.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 01 January 2001).]

Comment

Working...
          X