Pixar ... free at last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixar ... free at last!

Talks between Disney and Pixar Animation Studios broke down and they agreed to part ways when their current contract is up in 2006. Although the article once again screwed up and claimed that Steve Jobs founded Pixar (George Lucas you dolts!!!), the nitty gritty is here:

Note the part that says Disney stock dropped 6%

On to other Pixar stuff. They now have three little promo clips for their next movie, The Incredibles (apparently taken from a Toy Story DVD?), and a teaser for the animation short that will preceed The Incredibles, called Boundn'.

Incredibles

Boundn'

With all that said ... ahem ...

WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

One of the more interesting speculations in the investment community is that if Eisners ousted at the upcoming shareholders meeting Jobs could be offered the chairmanship of Disney

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Eisner went and shot the Cash Cow.

I think that will be the end of Eisner as the head of Disney.

There is truth to Steve Jobs being offered a seat on the board as a means of atonement for the Pixar pogrom, and a stepping stone to to restoring their business relationship.
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Although I've also heard rumors that once Eisner is bounced (HALLELUJAH!) that perhaps they'll coax Roy out of retirement...

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

If they do bounce him, they will probably give him a billion dollars as a severance package. Makes me sick.

Comment

Working...
          X