Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great new keyboard

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new keyboard, I was pissed of with my 1s gen MS Natural Keyboard.
    I went for a slim Keyoard, the Logitech Ultraflat. It has the feel of a laptop keyboard and it is very sweet to use.

It costs less than 30 EUR here.

If you like laptop keyboards, this Logitech is what you're looking for. It is also pretty quiet.

Cheers
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Hey, that looks a bit like that Logitech Di Nuvo wireless keyboard...

Hmm, but a 'laptop' feel... not sure I'd like that...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Yes does look a bit like the diNovo. I would have liked to get it but it is way to expansive for a keyboard and a mouse.

It is a laptop feel but it is not exactly as soft as a laptop. The keyboard itself is pretty stiff and that's a good thing. Maybe you wouldn't like it anyway, I know some people who prefer having a big keyboard. And it's not a question of having big hands.
      System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Viewsonic has had a product like that for quite a while:

Comment

Only problem with the ViewSonic, which I'm typing on right now at work, is that the home, PgUp, PgDown, End, Insert, Delete and directional keys are crunched in with the others. I keep hitting them and such, I wouldn't recommend getting it. Unless you need to save that 2" it gives you.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Ugh I hate laptop keyboards. I wanted to get myself an Apple keyboard for its compactness and sleeziness, but the very soft feel really drove me off. I am using a Cherry G80-3000 atm. Great board, but a little too big (there are ~2.5 cm above the F-keys that aren't used for anything, and are a few mm too high to push the keyboard under my monitor). But at least it'll last 20 years

AZ
            Last edited by az; 1 February 2004, 12:41.
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

PA, Where did you get that keyboard from ?
              I checked Logitech's site and found nothing
              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I bought the Keyboard in a local shop (in Paris). You can find it in the OEM section of Logitech's website.

Comment

Thanks !
                  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I've been using one for a while now, best keyboard I've ever had.
                    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Cherry all the way for me. I hate click-keyboards though, so I have a nice black G83, which feels lovely. I try out the Logitech/Belkin/etc. ones in PC World whenever I'm in there, and I don't like them at all.

Talking of keyboards, I've noticed a slightly sticky key on my laptop. What's the best remedy? Is it okay to just spray some WD40 in there? (I got this laptop second-hand not-so-long ago, so no jokes, okay? )
                      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

On a G83, just disassemble the board and clean the plastic stuff. You CAN wipe the foils, but you MUST dry them swiftly and thoroughly lest they corrode.

BTW, the G80 comes in three variants, only one clicks. I've got the linear motion one, feels like the G83, only smoother.

Anyone tried the new Cyboards yet? (those with the solar panel)

AZ

Comment

Oops, sorry, it was your lappy... I think you can snatch off the key and see what's beneath it. You could try to clean it with CSC kontakt 80 while the computer is off. (I'm taking no responsibility here though )

AZ

Comment

I looked high and low for a non-click G80, couldn't find one anywhere. (I think I even asked here on these forums.) The G83 is very nice though, so I'm not bothered.

Those solar Cyboards look very cool, what a pity I have absolutely no justification for buying one...
                            Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I wouldn't recommand removing the keys from a laptop, they're usualy pretty hard to put back.
                              Try to use a cloth with cleaning product on it.

Oh and about that Logitech Keyboard, the clicking is pretty quiet. Much much quieter than my previous MS Natural.

Comment

Working...
                              X