No announcement yet.

Matrox Marvel G400 and Avid DV Xpress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Marvel G400 and Avid DV Xpress?

Can anyone tell me if I can use the Marvel G400 to digitize video or audio into Avid DV Xpress on my PC. Thanks

You can't capture analog signal with Marvel G400 It has only VfW and doesn't accept WDM.
    I tried Avid DV Xpres in Win XP and Avid tried to change the, already hacked, Marvel capture drivers (v. 3.04+).
    The issue was so severe that I was forced to complet uninstal the Marvel VideoTools and reinstall it, otherwise I could not capture with MSP7. AVI_IO also tried to install a Noname capture driver.
    Be careful, anyway.
    Fred H
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Avid Xpress DV will only digitize via an OHCI firewire card. You can import anything you want, however, I can't help you with trying to make an obsolete, unsupported card work with XP. Avid is a $1000 piece of software - spend the $20 and get the proper firewire card for it.

Comment

I have a firewire card I am trying to import analog signals like vhs into avid

Comment

You can either loop through a DV camera, or use a analog->DV transcoder. I use the Sony DVMC-DA1, which works great but is no longer manufactured. Canopus and ADS both make great units as well.

Comment

Originally posted by miya
            loop through a DV camera,
            that works well for me......

i have had no problems with avid ever since V3.5 (when they finaly switched to WinXP) all versions befor that gave me hell with my OHCI cards...... but you got to love the Avid interface..... and now i that i have V4 (AKA Xpress Pro) things are just sweet.... wish i had a mojo to go along with it.... and wish they would make a Mojo II with component in and out instead of just composit
            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

By the way, the forums at avid.com are pretty good, as SpiralDragon knows since he is a regular there.

Comment

It is possible to import regular AVI files into any Avid System, but it takes a hell of a time to convert them. Furthermore, Avid uses proprietary DV-formats, so you will also have to import DV-compressed AVI's.
                -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
                2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
                Matrox Parhelia 128
                Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
                Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
                Maxtor 300 GB for video
                Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
                Win XP Pro

At work:
                Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
                Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

Originally posted by landrover
                  Furthermore, Avid uses proprietary DV-formats, so you will also have to import DV-compressed AVI's.
                  The last couple of versions are actually pretty good at recognizing DV footage in avi and quicktime formats and fast-importing it without recompression.

Comment

Working...
                  X