Marvel G200 - best editing software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 - best editing software

Hi. I'm a long time owner of the Marvel G200 (December 98). I've done a bunch of editing with Ulead MS Pro 5.2 back when I first bought the card. Recently I've taken an interest in video work again, and I've installed MS Pro 6, but not had much time to test it out. I've also tried Adobe Premiere 5.1 with my Marvel in the past.

Can any Marvel G200 owners recommend the best choice for editing software - MS5.2, MS6, or AP 5.1? I'm looking for the best mix of stability and features. I'm looking to edit projects based on captured video, and ultimately output to tape and to VCD.

I've read some great comments in this forum in the past. Thanks in advance for your advice.
    P3 1GHz, 512Mb RAM (PC133), Asus CU4VX motherboard (VIA Chipset), Matrox Marvel G200, DiamondMax Plus 30.0Gb 7200rpm ATA100, Tekram SCSI UW controller, SCSI Zip drive, Creative 12X PCDVD, Yamaha 8824 CDRW

MediaStudio Pro6, no question.

There are a couple of things you'll have to do to make it work better:

Open the c:\windows\ulead32.ini file and look for the [PLAYBACK] entry that references MCLPlugin.dll;

[PLAYBACK]
    Playdll1=c:\......MCLPlugin.dll

Put a ";" in front of this entry to disable it. This is the Matrox cutlist driver. Uleads cutlist driver works better. 'nuff said.

Next look for the [VIODRIVER] section and add this entry;

[VIODRIVER]
    Advance=1

This will turn on the Advanced MPEG menu in the rendering options.

Now save the changes. You're all set to play.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
    X