Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a 3 monitor 1600x1200 solution (non matrox ??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a 3 monitor 1600x1200 solution (non matrox ??)

Hello,

As one of the people that matrox bait-and-switched with the p750, I am now in the position of needing to buy yet another video card.

I need to do a 3 monitor stretched desktop with each monitor at 1600x1200 - and I cannot wait another 30-60 days for the QID to be released.

So what options do I have in the $500-$750 range ?

Many thanks.

1) This is the Matrox Hardware forum. If your question doesn't pertain specifically to Matrox Hardware, it doesn't belong here. This thread will be moved to the General Hardware/Software forum.

2) You where not "bait and switched", you simply didn't bother to fully read the card specs before you bought. It's not Matrox's fault you can't read.

3) Nobody else makes a triplehead card that can do a stretched desktop.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

doesn't Matrox make other quad-head cards, like MMS series or whatever they're called nowadays? do they offer the same functionality?

what about nVidia? they've got some quad-head cards too afaik..

Comment

Matrox's MMS cards, and any others on the market that can do more than 2 heads all have multiple GPUs, and are viewed by Windows as multiple cards, therefore cannot do stretched desktops, only independant modes.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yo Kruz Master,

who told that limitation to you ?

Good old big M touts it as a feature for their

QIDs

G450MMS

# Matrox NT Style Fixed Resolution*
          # Enables the desktop to be set up as one single large desktop in Win® 2K instead of four independent ones

only on the pages for the

G200MMS

they claim
          Stretch desktop (coming soon)
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I didn't know they offfered that on the G450MMS now.
            I stand corrected on that point.

But, he doesn't want to wait for QID, so he probably doesn't want to wait for the perpetually "out-of-stock" G450MMS quad (which as you know are built in small lots, often built to order, and could easily take as long as waiting for QID). It's also more expensive than the price range he stated.

Additionally, he is wanting this for his 3 new LCDs, and there is a very good chance it won't work there either:

"Maximum digital resolution per channel 1280x1024**

** 1600 x 1200 digital resolution possible for some DVI panels supporting reduced blankings."

Comment

stretched desktop... you need a Matrox solution, unless you can get your hands on the Quadro NVS series gfx cards... (don't quote me on this, you will need to check this yourself too!)

I think NVIDIA Quadro NVS 400 supports 4 head display! And I think they are passively cooled...

Comment

Working...
              X