Trillian Pro is pissing me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trillian Pro is pissing me off

Ok, so IMO, trillian's contact list manager sucks.

For starters, I can't multi select users and move them to a different group.

Secondly, there are AIM users on my trillian list that DON'T EXSIST on GAIM or Miranda (or AIM itself).

It SUCKS at deleting AIM users.

There should be an option to force everyone into the same group...I don't like to seperate my buddies into different categories, I know who they all are. Plus running groups makes them tabbed in a bit, so it cuts off the end of the SN unless I widen the window.

Half the time I add a user to AIM, it ONLY adds it on the local computer and doesn't synch w/ the server. WTF?

This morning i UNINSTALLED trillian, ran it again, and BOOM...everything was set the same way. I guess it must've kept the settings folder.

Furthermore, I've removed my AIM acct from trillian MANY times, and then recreated it, only to find the unwanted AIM buddies that don't exsist on any other client, or parallel plane for that matter. Ugh.

GRRR.

Yes, and I'm running the newest version of Pro, freshly downloaded today.

There's a silly little XML file, that you can easily edit to your heart's content.

Plus, they have to contend with the fact that AIM dictates how buddy lists work... and it's only VERY recenty that AIM let you store your buddy list somewhere OTHER than "in a random folder on your hard drive".

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah, i've played with the XML file in the past, but it's still tedious.

I thought AIM stored buddies server side?

Comment

It does now. But only some of them. Both AIM _and_ ICQ do weird things with the buddy lists. There are people who I've added but permission is pending... something got messed up, they already gave me permission and Trillian knows all about it but the real ICQ client doesn't, so when I'm at work my contact list is ALL messed up.

I'd post on the Trillian forums. Usually people there have some pretty good ideas, and Scott/Kevin do read the posts there so if you have a suggestion for a fix/feature it DOES get taken seriously.

Plus if you think you've found an actual BUG, you can report it with the online bug reporting system.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Cool, i'll do that when I get a chance.

Also, if your contact list is right at home, then there's some plugin you can use so that it uploads your list somewhere and syncs it.

Comment

Yeah, there are a bunch of neat plugins.

I use Trillian Spam Challenge, My Mail, and the Outlook Alpha plugin.

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
            X