No announcement yet.

Anyone read Japanese? mpEGG! info.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone read Japanese? mpEGG! info.....

If so could you translate this page?

http://www.mpegg.com/products03.html

Dr. Mordrid

I only know three Japanese words; sake, sushi and yen (but I wouldn't recognize them written in Japanese). Wow, if I could learn the Japanese words for women and song I would have it all. I guess the translator on the mpEGG site isn't worth downloading? I closed the box figuring it's just more plug-in clutter to messup my system.

Comment

This sit will translate for you http://www.elingo.com/browse/browse.php3
      Uts to do with logos go-motion?????

Cuddles
      Clem Reid
      Toshiba P200 notebook
      Dual core 2.16Ghz
      2Gb Ram
      2 x 160Gb HDD
      XP Pro
      DVD Multi drive

Intel P4P800 865PE
      2GB DDR333
      1 x 120Gb SATA Seagate 7200
      WXP Pro
      A06 DVD Writer
      Samsung CDR/RW

Intel 815EP P111 1ghz
      512mg 133Ram
      40Gb ATA Seagate 7200
      200Gb ATA Seagate 7200
      WXP
      Samsung CDR/RW
      Poineer DVD Rom

1 X 250Gb ATA Seagate 7200 in caddie
      1X 250GB Maxtor in Caddie

Comment

cuddles, Thanks, that works pretty good.
        Looks like mpEGG is promising nice quality. OS's pretty much includes all of them, including Windows NT and 2000.

It says VCD is not supported, which is not suprising since it is an MPEG-2 package.

Somebody asked in another thread if Celeron is supported. Heres an excerpt from the transalted text:
        Intel Celeron processor 533A/566/600/633/667/700 MHz and 700 Product of MHz or more.

It also says 256MB or more of RAM is recommended for mpEGG. I would probably have to upgrade to WIN 2000 to use this because as far as I know WIN98SE does not know how efficiently use more than 128MB.

Anyway, mpEGG sounds real good.

Comment

Actually MPEG-1 encoding is included and works very well indeed.

I imagine one could just create an MSPro6 profile with the proper settings to do VCD, but with SVCD and miniDVD coming on strong VCD may well be going the way of the dinosaur....

As for the Celeron support it sounds like this is limited to the SIMD Celeron-II's. That sounds right.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

What do you mean by limited to Celeron-II?
            Celeron533a and later are PIIIs that's cache has been crippled (and hence they all support streaming SIMD). I think of this as a Celeron-III.
            http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1212&p=2

Comment

Hmm is this encoder any better than TMPGEnc?

Comment

JeffW;

Yes, the Celerons from C533a on up are all crippled PIII's with SIMD instructions. This is well known. The common term used for them, however, is Celeron-II.

The Celeron-II nickname has become popular to distinguish them from earlier Celerons that were based on the PII/Mendicino (C300a-C533) and PII/Dechutes (up to C300) cores.

Other than speed the only major difference between the Mendicino is Dechutes core is that the Mendicino has an on-die L2 cache. Both are .25u chips.

Phire:

Unknown at this time. I haven't had a chance to use it to any great degree (just got it 2 days ago) and who knows what the release version will do?

When I know, you'll know. It is looking very good so far....

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 31 December 2000).]

Comment

I've checked out the CinemaCraft 2.50 SP standalone and I felt that it was much better than TMPGEnc. It is a different app, in that it is noit quite as customizable as Tsunami, but it is faster and there is a definite improvement in the macro block problems and other undesireable junk that you get with other encoders. I am not sure about the price for the stand alone (very pricey from what I heard), but if this plug-in is the same quality, then it is a steal for around $85 USD. I tried to oprder it today, but the link for the "buy" button was dead. Maybe I'll try tomorrow. I am running a PIII-700 with 256M and had no problems with the demo of the plug-in. I also read that the full plug-in will create elamentary streams, which is necessary for I-Author to mux into a *.mps. If all this is true it may be a good year for all of us MSP 6 lovers out there.
                  WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

If I were you I'd hold off. Ulead very often has a far different pricing structure for non-Asian customers. You might save yourself a few dineros

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                    X