Help out the new guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help out the new guy?

Okay... Just had to get rid of the conflicting vga cards in this new cpu I've built, and go to a DualHead so I can use two screens for some SoundStudio Recording Applications I favor... I had gotten used to ATI's Multidesk and liked a lot of the features it offered. Now I have this Matrox card.... it was used from a local shop, so it came with nothing as far as software and manuals. In the FAQ's it seems there's a PowerDesk program that is similar to what I wanted My system to be capable of(?).
    If someone can help me identify what exactly it is I have, now, and if it will handle the Multiple desktop utilities like powerdesk, and where I might be able to get a copy or download of them? Ive registered, but dont see where it can be found in the site.
    My card shows itself to be a G4+MDH4A32G, which is running fine on 2 vga monitors, and apparently has 32MB of memory for each head (?). Any hints, clues, or suggestions that are anatomically approriate would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks, in advance!!

That's a G400 Millennium 32meg 4xAGP Dualhead (32meg total RAM).
    Powerdesk is included in the drivers package, and should give you any optiions you need to set it up. They can be downloaded from Matrox's driver page (http://matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/latest/home.cfm).
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X