Dell 2001FP on sale for $749

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell 2001FP on sale for $749

Anybody have real world experience with this monitor? I have read a bunch of reviews on it and it seems to be the best overall 20 in for the price.

Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Dell's flat panels are pretty decent, especially for the price. Just be aware that most 20's are running about 35ms response time at BEST.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
      Dell's flat panels are pretty decent, especially for the price. Just be aware that most 20's are running about 35ms response time at BEST.

- Gurm
      This Dell monitor uses the newer LG screen that sports a 16ms response time.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

1600x1200 on DVI

thx for the info though Dave! (tho i don't have that much money...)

hopefully LCDs will get even cheaper! I need a new monitor anyways. Just setup this Old 486 machine for interfacing a device I am building for comp engineering,,,,

damn damn damn, need money

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
          This Dell monitor uses the newer LG screen that sports a 16ms response time.
          ya I read a review on Anandtech that this is actually an LG OEM display

Comment

- Gurm
            Never had a problem with mine
            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Are you sure? I wasn't aware that ANYONE was making an element larger than 17" with a sub-25ms response time.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

no problem with mine either (2000fp).

Comment

Are you sure? I wasn't aware that ANYONE was making an element larger than 17" with a sub-25ms response time.

- Gurm
                  That's what all of the reviews say. PLus, if you check the LG Phillips page here, it says that as well.

Anand review

Comment

I am so close to going into debt and buying this monitor. I wish more people had experience with it.

Dave

Comment

Here is a nice quote about the monitor...

Dell's 2001FP is particularly interesting because it uses a 16ms panel that is not manufactured by AUO, the LG.Philips LM201U04. First of all, this panel dramatically increases the pixels on the screen from 1.3M to 1.9M. The second major accomplishment is that LG was able to achieve 16.7M color reproduction as well. Put in simpler terms, this means that each subpixel on the Dell 2001FP can reproduce all 256 shades where as each subpixel on the Hitachi CML174 could only do 64. Ergo the Dell 2001FP reproduces 24-bit color, while the Hitachi CML174 does 18-bit.

Comment

And here is a question...Can I connect a vcr or camcorder to the s-video or composite inputs and record the video? How does that work? Or can I only view the output of those devices?

Dave

Comment

I re-read the anand review for the billionth time and once again I am having second thoughts. It just seems like there is so much more room for improvement in the LCD arena. I feel like these improvements will come out soon and I will be wishing I had waited. Your thoughts?

Dave

Comment

lol, I guess I'm talking to myself with 6 posts in a row I'll stop for a while now.

Comment

wait. there are some problems with the lg panel - also used in the viewsonic 20" vp201 (?) & the 2080ux+.
                              I could post a link to a german tft-forum, but it won't be of much use to you.

mfg
                              wulfman
                              "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                              "Lobsters?"
                              "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                              "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
                              X