Basic Photoshop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Photoshop question

How can I convert 60 tiff files into 60 jpg files? I know about the batch command but if there is a way to do it with that command I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

This is with PS7, not sure of other versions.

Open file blah.tiff

Select the Actions tab in the History Window

Press Create New Action

Name it whatever you like (don't take that literally )

YOU ARE NOW RECORDING

Go to File -> Save for Web... and select the various settings you want for the files to be save under.

Save the file (it doesn't matter where or what name now)

When the window closes hit the Stop button on the Actions window

Then go to File -> Automate -> Batch...

Under the Play section select your new action if it's not already.

Select Folder for the Source if it isn't already, and then Choose the folder that has the files (be sure they're the only ones the folder.)

If you want to save them in the same folder just leave the Destination to None and it'll save them with the new .jpg extension (because that's what the Save for Web exporter does.)

If you want to save them to a different folder select Folder for the Destination and Choose the output folder.

Check the "Override Action save-as commands" button.

Hit OK.

You're done.

Comment

or use this handy little app

Comment

Or www.xnview.com

Comment

cool thats an even neater little app

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
            This is with PS7, not sure of other versions.

Open file blah.tiff

Select the Actions tab in the History Window

Press Create New Action

Name it whatever you like (don't take that literally )

YOU ARE NOW RECORDING

Go to File -> Save for Web... and select the various settings you want for the files to be save under.

Save the file (it doesn't matter where or what name now)

When the window closes hit the Stop button on the Actions window

Then go to File -> Automate -> Batch...

Under the Play section select your new action if it's not already.

Select Folder for the Source if it isn't already, and then Choose the folder that has the files (be sure they're the only ones the folder.)

If you want to save them in the same folder just leave the Destination to None and it'll save them with the new .jpg extension (because that's what the Save for Web exporter does.)

If you want to save them to a different folder select Folder for the Destination and Choose the output folder.

Check the "Override Action save-as commands" button.

Hit OK.

You're done.
            Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for It seems they should have that as a batch by default, but oh well.

btw, I'm sure all fo the other apps work great(and I have used irfanview many times), but Photoshop is the only app that I have installed on my system to do those kinds of things so I figured I might as well learn how.

Thanks again!

Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
            X