Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me out!

Hi!

Here's my first interesting offer: a MGI G4+M4A32DG with REV.205 MT02570.

Could somebody please enlighten me what card that exactly is? Or where I can lookup the model numbers?

Thanks for your help!! Hannes

G400 Dualhead, with full '4x AGP' specs implementation, 32MB SGRAM.

dunno about rev 204 mt02570, probably not really relevant for what you want to know.

Comment

G4= G400
      M= Millennium
      4A= 4x AGP (later version that needs no modding to work in any mobo)
      32DG= 32meg DualHead SGRAM
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for your lightening fast replies! Could you add the model number of the MAX?

Thanks a lot! Have a nice evening, Hannes

PS: 4x AGP works in a 1x-2x mobo right?

Comment

The Max would have 2 M's (Millennium Max) "G4+MM......."

And yes, it would work fine in a 1x/2x mobo.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks again!

Unfortunatly the guy wants 30E for this G400 without the TV-cables...for that price he can keep it.

Cheers, Hannes

Comment

30 euro is a good price imho...
              the cable is easy to solder yourself. You can/should solder a scart-rgb cable even if you want to hook it up to your tv.

Comment

Hi! Yeaahhh my first post from my brand new, all shiny iBook (I've switched from Win/Linux to Mac OS X!!)!

BTW: 30E is a bit expensive, at least here in Germany/Austria. Maybe I get a G400 Max for just a small amount of money more! Let see...

Cheers, Hannes

PS: my tv-set doesn't have any rgb inputs, so I've to be happy with composite (thank god, less soldering work needed).

Do you know if the parhelia tv-cable fits?

Comment

Nope. G400 uses one cable-set, G450/G550/P/P-series use a different. As for G400 prices, I've seen G400 32MB Dualhead cards being sold for 50 euros often here... people know it's got a superb tv-out quality.

Comment

Ah, ok. Thought, they would stay compatible...ca m'est egal.

Interestingly it seems that lots of people loose/destroy/burn/forget their cables somewhere. It's not hard to find a g400, but to find a g400 with cables at a decent price...that's something different.
                    Last edited by a_h; 27 January 2004, 11:15.

Comment

My MAX arrived today, because I want to try it out in my machine I got more AGP questions...really annoying I know!

It reads: G4+MMDHA32G

So there's no "4" in it, but I think the max should run in a 2/4x AGP slot?

At least the G400 chip specs say so, but they say ALL G400 are "full AGP 2x/4x devices" - so I'm confused.

Besides: it seems I got even more cables than needed, because I got 2 short cables too - they don't belong to the card, do they? At least they don't fit in the s-video connector.

Thanks! Hannes
                      Attached Files

Comment

nope, only the breakout cable belongs to the MAX.

As for AGP slot compatibility:
                        all G400 cards accept 1.5v (as provided by AGP 4x slots). Some older revisions might not run at 4x agp aperture speed, but the difference between 4x and, say, 1x in actual game performance on the G400 is trivial.

The earlier PCB revisions of the G400 might also conflict with some AGP slots on motherboards that do auto-detection of the voltage the card requires preventing the system from booting up at all. There's a fix for this though, which can be found in this thread.
                        Best option would be try out wether your card works in your motherboard, and if not, do the mod as explained in that linked thread.

Comment

Yuppie!! I got this special revision! Where's my pencil? Lets see if it's necessary on my KT133T board...

Thanks again, dZeus! Hannes

Comment

I've got 2 cards with also that particular revision, but all my motherboards work with them without needing to mod them.

Comment

My one works right from the beginning too. Now I've to fiddle with the settings to get it working (dvdmax works, but I don't see the desktop...).

Cheers, Hannes

Comment

Working...
                              X