How do i do this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i do this...

I want to use hyper terminal to access a BBS / banking system. But the modem is on another machine.

Are there any utilities that will allow me to share the com port of the other machine. And use it as a comport on my machine? Through a network.

I dont think internet connection sharing will do it as it is not the internet.

Peter

These are both Windows boxes I assume?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yes the so called server with the modem is running win xp home, and the client is a 98se machine. I downloaded a program called modem share millennium from a company. But when is dials out it says ' no cts' error.

Think i might just buy a long cable for another modem...

Comment

VNC it.

Really.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hey, cool tip !
          (and if you need to lessen the traffic, use TightVNC)

I thought of DSLink:

(it can be used to connect a Psion to a computer, but have the Psion use the computers modem). However, it could be that both computers need to be connected via a serial cable...

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Got annoyed and bought a 20m phone extenstion cable, another cheap modem.and some wall cable tidiers..

Bank's don't use the best software..

peter

Comment

Working...
            X