No announcement yet.

Err... they want to knight Bill Gates !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Err... they want to knight Bill Gates !

Bill Gates, the Microsoft founder and the world's wealthiest man, is to receive an honorary knighthood for "services to global enterprise".

The recommendation that he receive the honour was made by the Chancellor, Gordon Brown. Buckingham Palace is expected to announce it tomorrow, when Mr Gates will speak at a conference on "Advancing Enterprise" organised by Mr Brown.
    rest of the article here

How disgusting.

Comment

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

he is already benighted
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Exactly, Brian

He joined the ranks of the baelzebub, and long ago became Knight Commander there!
          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Cool, well done Bill.

Comment

Well, if half the actors of this world really deserve to be knighted, he does, too, IMHO. But it's a little sad to see there's no distinction between him and people like Tim Berners-Lee (apart from the fact that he cannot gain the "Sir" prefix, not coming from a commonwealth state).

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Money can buy popularity, but money can't buy you knighthood ... oh wait, it can.

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

You can knight him 'The Black Knight'.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

You mean "BlackAdder"
                    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

No, I mean this one:
                      Attached Files
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

not many people donate 1 billion "just like that" for foreign aid.

now if they would just announce how much of that is cash & how much software...

mfg
                        wulfman
                        "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                        "Lobsters?"
                        "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                        "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Bah, disgusting. As if the title "Sir" wasn't getting degraded enough.
                          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

It is an honorary title, kids.

Not bad for a college dropout, though....
                            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Bravely bold Sir William / rode forth from Microsoft...

Comment

Working...
                              X