Aww, yeah.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww, yeah.

Pauter rods and 4032 forged JE SRP aluminum pistons. 300hp, here I come.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

more...
      Attached Files

Comment

skirts...
        Attached Files

Comment

Sweet.

now you've got to drill a whole bunch of little holes on the top behind the ring lands (gas porting)
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

i see SAUSAGE FINGERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
              Sweet.

now you've got to drill a whole bunch of little holes on the top behind the ring lands (gas porting)
              say what now?

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
                i see SAUSAGE FINGERS!!!
                Sausage fingers? What's that?

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                  say what now?
                  Hehe,
                  I've done this to my pistons - helps maintain high compression.
                  you need to drill (about every 5-10 degreees apart) very small holes on the top of the piston so that the holes just end up into the top ring land behind the top ring.
                  This forces gas behind the top ring during the compression and power strokes forcing it harder against the cylinder - creating a better seal.
                  Does it work - sure, but at the cost of faster wear. But who cares - I usually do a complete tear down and rebuild every 2 years.

Lots of work - unless you have the right equipment - then it's very simple and quick.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
                    Hehe,
                    I've done this to my pistons - helps maintain high compression.
                    you need to drill (about every 5-10 degreees apart) very small holes on the top of the piston so that the holes just end up into the top ring land behind the top ring.
                    This forces gas behind the top ring during the compression and power strokes forcing it harder against the cylinder - creating a better seal.
                    Does it work - sure, but at the cost of faster wear. But who cares - I usually do a complete tear down and rebuild every 2 years.

Lots of work - unless you have the right equipment - then it's very simple and quick.
                    Ahh, so i learned something new. I probably won't go that route, i want this motor to last, but it's good to know. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X